AQR Capital Management
AQR is a global investment firm built at the intersection of financial theory and practical application. We strive to deliver concrete, long-term results by looking past market noise to identify and isolate the factors that matter most, and by developing ideas that stand up to rigorous testing. By putting theory into practice, we have become a leader in alternative strategies and an innovator in traditional portfolio management since 1998.
At AQR, our employees share a common spirit of academic excellence, intellectual honesty and an unwavering commitment to seeking the truth. We’re determined to know what makes financial markets tick – and we’ll ask every question and challenge every assumption. We recognize and respect the power of collaboration, and believe transparency and openness to new ideas leads to innovation.
The Internship Program
AQR’s 10 – week internship experience features the Quanta Academy Summer Term learning series, a structured program consisting of educational, skill – building and networking events. Learning is the cornerstone of our culture and plays an active role in the internship experience — through daily collaboration and interaction with employees at all levels, in workshops and classes, and most significantly by working on projects that matter to the many clients we serve.
The Portfolio Implementation team is responsible for the construction, optimization, and management of AQR’s systematic portfolios. Portfolio Implementation Analysts work closely with multiple groups across the firm to bring to market new systematic investment strategies and refine existing ones, across a broad range of investment mandates and across global markets.
The Portfolio Implementation team, together with the researchers, shares the responsibility over the investment and risk management of AQR’s portfolios, in a collaborative and intellectually stimulating environment.
A successful Portfolio Implementation Analyst will become intimately familiar with global financial markets, financial economics, asset management, quantitative investing and AQR’s investment philosophy. This role offers the opportunity to work with senior investment professionals within the firm and exposes the candidate to all aspects of portfolio management, in particular:
- Portfolio Construction: optimize portfolios based on model views, market frictions, and investment guidelines
- Portfolio Implementation Research: research and improve portfolio construction and optimization techniques
- Model Research: play integral role in the implementation and improvement of new and existing systematic signals
- Analytics: manipulate and analyze large datasets to identify patterns in the performance and characteristics of AQR’s portfolios
- Trading: measure, model and control trading costs to improve execution
What You’ll Bring
- BA/BS degree from top academic institution in finance, economics, quantitative or scientific discipline
- Strong technical aptitude with demonstrated experience and knowledge of programming languages (Python, MATLAB, R) and SQL
- Strong problem solving and quantitative skills (Calculus, Linear Algebra, Statistics)
- Excellent communication skills
- Commitment to intellectual integrity, self-drive, maturity and ability to collaborate
- Detail-orientation, ability to multi-task
AQR is an Equal Opportunity Employer. EEO/VET/DISABILITY