AQR Capital Management
AQR is a global investment firm built at the intersection of financial theory and practical application. We strive to deliver concrete, long-term results by looking past market noise to identify and isolate the factors that matter most, and by developing ideas that stand up to rigorous testing. By putting theory into practice, we have become a leader in alternative strategies and an innovator in traditional portfolio management since 1998.
At AQR, our employees share a common spirit of academic excellence, intellectual honesty and an unwavering commitment to seeking the truth. We’re determined to know what makes financial markets tick – and we’ll ask every question and challenge every assumption. We recognize and respect the power of collaboration, and believe transparency and openness to new ideas leads to innovation.
The Internship Program
AQR’s 10 – week internship experience features the Quanta Academy Summer Term learning series, a structured program consisting of educational, skill – building and networking events. Learning is the cornerstone of our culture and plays an active role in the internship experience — through daily collaboration and interaction with employees at all levels, in workshops and classes, and most significantly by working on projects that matter to the many clients we serve.
AQR Capital Management is looking for exceptionally talented undergraduates to join our team as Summer Research Analysts. Our Summer Analysts participate in a variety of integral business functions including research, data analysis, portfolio optimization, risk management and programming. Summer Analysts gain hands – on experience in quantitative research as well as the opportunity to become familiar with quantitative asset management and the investment philosophy which drives AQR. Our Summer Analysts work in collaboration with researchers and portfolio managers in developing and maintaining trading strategies for the firm.
- Engage in the development of AQR’s proprietary quantitative investment strategies
- Perform statistical and economic research on financial data related to systematic strategies
- Work closely with portfolio managers to assist in the implementation of investment strategies
- Add features to proprietary research system to implement new research ideas
- Participate in the design and development of research infrastructure for the purpose of conducting economic and statistical research
What You’ll Bring
- B.S. candidate in a quantitative field (e.g. Finance, Economics, Computer Science, Math, Engineering etc.) with desire to work in the financial industry
- Programming skills; Python preferred but not required
- Strong problem solving and quantitative skills
- High degree of intellectual curiosity
- Ability to communicate effectively in both verbal and written form
- Well-organized, detail-oriented and able to focus in a dynamic environment
- Hard-working, diligent and eager to learn in an intellectual, collaborative environment
AQR is an Equal Opportunity Employer. EEO/VET/DISABILITY