As a member of our Core Quant Trading Team, you are being hired with the mandate to expand our core trading activities in terms of strategies and markets.
- You will be working in a highly collaborative environment and are expected to evolve into the role of a Desk-Head (for a particular market / strategy which you shall be managing end to end) once you have gained the relevant understanding.
- You will be trained formally by our experienced traders for the role of trading, and are expected to be a intrinsic member of our core trading operations.
- You will be supported by various non-trading support teams and our existing Quant Platform.
- This is a front end trading role in a collaborative environment which demands a strong motivation to succeed
- You will be undertaking quantitatively driven projects, hence would have to continuously learn new ML/Statistical/Analytical skills to successfully undertake these analytical projects.
Your responsibilities shall include:
- Carrying out quantitative research with the view of building new predictors, modelling techniques and trading strategies. All of our effort needs to be quantitatively inclined and measurable
- Expanding our current set of trading ideas into new markets and portfolios as we increase our market footprint.
- Experimenting with our current set of trading ideas to improve them.
- Work collaboratively within the core group and help in further development of the Quant Platform.
- Adapt trading ideas and strategies to evolving market conditions over time.
- Taking a leadership role to drive new Quant trading ideas, once you grow in the core team
Technical background and requirements:
- We believe that a lot of learning will happen on the job itself and therefore the most important requirement is having a high motivation to learn, seek continuous feedback and improve based upon it
- High level of proficiency in an Analysis framework preferably python
- Strong Quantitative abilities
- A keen interest in the functioning of financial markets and data science
- An analytical and problem solving mind-set with a strong attention to detail
- Knowledge of C++
- Knowledge of Statistical Modelling, Machine Learning Algorithms and Techniques
- Prior HFT trading experience