Aptos is a people-first blockchain on a mission to help billions of people achieve universal and fair access to decentralized assets in a safe and scalable way.
Founded by some of the original creators and maintainers that researched, designed, and built the Diem blockchain to serve this purpose, we have dedicated several years toward this mission. We believe the open-source Diem technology we have developed is an important foundation of a safe and scalable web3 world where everyone has more equitable opportunities to grow and access financial assets with lower fees and fewer intermediaries.
Aptos (Ohlone for "The People") encompasses our mission and ethos for why we build.
About The Role
Our team is actively building a leading cryptography organization in order to solve complex problems involving mathematics, establishing standards and guidelines for safe use of cryptographic code, advancing the state of cryptography both within and outside Aptos. We have open roles for both junior and senior engineers, and for researchers in this space.
What you'll be doing:
- Define cryptography principles and best practices within the Aptos blockchain and ecosystem.
- Establish cryptographic standards by writing Aptos Improvement Protocols (AIPs).
- Evaluate cryptographic libraries for their safety and performance.
- Design, implement, maintain and audit cryptographic schemes, such as signature schemes, authenticated data structures, secret sharing, distributed pseudo-random functions, and zero-knowledge proofs
- Publish research work to top conferences
- Contribute across the Rust Blockchain code stack, the Move framework, and many of the SDKs (e.g., Typescript, Python, Rust)
- Work closely with engineering and partner teams.
What we’re looking for:
- Prior experience in cryptography or security
- Familiarity with smart contracts
- Ability to write technical documentation and specifications
- Fluent in English
The base salary range for this full-time position is $180k - $300k. The range displayed on each job posting reflects the minimum and typical maximum target for new hire salaries for the position of a candidate based in the Bay Area at any level. We do hire exceptionally talented professionals with decades of experience in their field. As such, our range may be higher than what is displayed. Our base salary ranges are determined by experience and location, and we hire at all levels for multiple roles. Within the range, individual pay is determined by work location, job-related skills demonstrated during the interviews, working experience, and relevant education or training. Please note that the compensation details listed in role postings reflect the base salary only and do not include equity, tokens, or benefits.
- 100% insurance premium coverage for medical, dental, and vision for you and your dependents (US Employees)
- Equipment of your choice
- Flexible vacation time, 11 holidays, and floating company days off
- Competitive Salary
- Equity (RSUs)
- Protocol Token Grants
- 401k matching (US Employees)
- Fun and inclusive in-person and digital events
Aptos is committed to diversity in the workplace, and we’re proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer. We do not hire on the basis of race, color, religion, creed, gender, national origin, citizenship, age, disability, veteran status, marital status, pregnancy, parental status, sex, gender expression or identity, sexual orientation, or any other basis protected by local, state or federal law. All employment is decided based on qualifications, merit, and business need.