Aptos is a people-first blockchain on a mission to help billions of people achieve universal and fair access to decentralized assets in a safe and scalable way.
Founded by some of the original creators and maintainers that researched, designed, and built the Diem blockchain to serve this purpose, we have dedicated several years toward this mission. We believe the open-source Diem technology we have developed is an important foundation of a safe and scalable web3 world where everyone has more equitable opportunities to grow and access financial assets with lower fees and fewer intermediaries.
Aptos (Ohlone for "The People") encompasses our mission and ethos for why we build.
About The Role:
As a member of the blockchain core team, you’ll have the opportunity to redesign and implement the core blockchain network protocol that enables secure communication between the blockchain nodes deployed globally. You’ll be able to work across the entire networking stack, from the application layer down to the session and transport layers. You will influence the throughput, latency, and reliability of the Aptos network by building a networking backbone that is efficient, secure, and resilient. You will build a foundation for a blockchain that is far more performant than anything the industry has seen.
What you’ll be doing
- Design the next-generation peer-to-peer Network protocol for the Aptos Network.
- Abstract away communication and networking layers from the core blockchain functions and provide application layer interfaces to the various services (e.g., Aptos consensus).
- Optimize the data transfer between nodes to ensure high-throughput, low latency, and guaranteed message delivery across a global network.
- Ensure the security of the network through various defensive mechanisms, including message encryption, authentication, rate limiting and load balancing.
What we’re looking for
- 5+ years of experience as a hands-on software engineer.
- Experience building application network protocols, low latency data transfer, and data replication strategies.
- Experience with peer-to-peer communication environments and protocols like Gossip/ Bittorrent etc.
- Ideally, you deeply understand system-level transport protocols TCP/ UDP/QUIC.
- Experience with distributed system performance optimizations.
- Experience with at least one system programming language such as Rust or C/C++.
The base salary range for this full-time position is $150k - $250k. The range displayed on each job posting reflects the minimum and typical maximum target for new hire salaries for the position of a candidate based in the Bay Area at any level. We do hire exceptionally talented professionals with decades of experience in their field. As such, our range may be higher than what is displayed. Our base salary ranges are determined by experience and location, and we hire at all levels for multiple roles. Within the range, individual pay is determined by work location, job-related skills demonstrated during the interviews, working experience, and relevant education or training. Please note that the compensation details listed in role postings reflect the base salary only and do not include equity, tokens, or benefits.
- 100% insurance premium coverage for medical, dental, and vision for you and your dependents
- Equipment of your choice
- Flexible vacation time, 11 holidays, and floating company days off
- Competitive Salary
- Equity (RSUs)
- Protocol Token Grants
- 401k matching
- Fun and inclusive in-person and digital events
Aptos is committed to diversity in the workplace, and we’re proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer. We do not hire on the basis of race, color, religion, creed, gender, national origin, citizenship, age, disability, veteran status, marital status, pregnancy, parental status, sex, gender expression or identity, sexual orientation, or any other basis protected by local, state or federal law. All employment is decided based on qualifications, merit, and business need.