Aptos is a people-first blockchain on a mission to help billions of people achieve universal and fair access to decentralized assets in a safe and scalable way.
Founded by some of the original creators and maintainers that researched, designed, and built the Diem blockchain to serve this purpose, we have dedicated several years toward this mission. We believe the open-source Diem technology we have developed is an important foundation of a safe and scalable web3 world where everyone has more equitable opportunities to grow and access financial assets with lower fees and fewer intermediaries.
Aptos (Ohlone for "The People") encompasses our mission and ethos for why we build.
About The Role
As we grow our presence across Korea, we are searching for a Business Development Manager to advise on our partnerships strategy, close deals, and manage partners to bring gaming into web3 and blockchain technologies for our Korean clients. As a manager, you will be responsible for scoping potential partners among gaming studios, developers, and infrastructure companies, executing our partnership strategy, building internal business cases, negotiating complex deals, and working cross functionally with key internal stakeholders to further our mission. You will be based in Seoul, report to the BD Gaming Lead, and will be a huge contributor to the success of the company and our gaming strategy.
What you'll be doing:
- Research gaming companies that are interested in bringing crypto and web3 services into new products and features and choose the best partners for our project
- Developing and closing large, notable partner opportunities that will advance our mission
- Provide a strategic perspective to product and engineering teams, delivering critical business insights and launching initiatives that impact the market
- Work alongside other partnerships leads to develop a comprehensive set of partners needed for our project
What we’re looking for:
- 3-5 years of experience working in partnerships, business development, or similar roles at a high-growth technology company
- Experience working with commercial agreements, including creating and negotiating agreements outside of standard sales contracts
- Experience partnering with technical teams, lawyers, and marketers
- Experience in and strong market knowledge of the blockchain & crypto industry in Korea strongly preferred
- Experience developing and closing partner opportunities across gaming companies in Korea
- A deep and relevant network with industry leaders across tech, media, and social networks
- Excellent Korean and English written and oral communication skills, as this role requires frequent communication to members of our team and commercial partners
- MBA or JD preferred
- 100% insurance premium coverage for medical, dental, and vision for you and your dependents
- Equipment of your choice
- Flexible vacation time, 11 holidays, and floating company days off
- Competitive Salary
- Equity (RSUs)
- Protocol Token Grants
- 401k matching
- Fun and inclusive in-person and digital events
Aptos is committed to diversity in the workplace, and we’re proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer. We do not hire on the basis of race, color, religion, creed, gender, national origin, citizenship, age, disability, veteran status, marital status, pregnancy, parental status, sex, gender expression or identity, sexual orientation, or any other basis protected by local, state or federal law. All employment is decided based on qualifications, merit, and business need.