Apto Payments is transforming the card issuance industry. We help companies issue new kinds of cards with a better cardholder experience by removing constraints and enabling new use cases. Founded in 2014 as Shift Payments, the company worked with Coinbase to launch the first Bitcoin debit card. Today, as Apto, our mission is ambitious, creating new ways to connect people to their assets - crypto and non-crypto - by helping companies successfully launch innovative, user-centric card programs.
Apto is a well funded early stage startup, headquartered in San Francisco. We are focused on growing our business in a responsible way, building best-in-class products while managing regulatory and financial risk. We're motivated to empower developers and customers to design and build the next generation of can’t-live-without card products. Our headquarters are in San Francisco, but we have fully embraced and are constantly improving our remote-focused culture.
The Role & Opportunity
Don't see an open role that you think quite fits your skillset or experience? No problem! Send us your resume/cv and we'll reach out if a role opens up that we think you could be a good fit for. It's helpful to specify the type of role you're seeking.
- Competitive salary and equity
- 401k and unlimited PTO
- Fully-paid healthcare for you and dependents
- Stipend for ongoing professional development
- Hybrid work environment - Ability to work from a local office (if we have one) or remote depending on location. Take an in-person meeting when it's more efficient, and skip the commute when it's not needed.
*Note that, pursuant to the Company's COVID-19 mitigation protocols, individuals must be fully vaccinated upon commencing employment, subject to legally required exemptions.
Prospective Talent and Job Applicant Privacy Notice *
When you apply to a job on this site, any personal data you provide, or which is collected as part of this process, will be processed by Apto Payments in order to manage its recruitment and hiring related activities. Under European data protection laws, your rights may include the right to access, port, erase, restrict, rectify or object to the processing of your personal data or where we rely on consent, the right to withdraw that consent.
California Privacy Rights Notice for Job Applicants
Under the California Consumer Privacy Act (“CCPA”), Apto Payments is required to inform California residents who are our job applicants or prospective talent (together “job applicants”) about the categories of personal information we collect about you and the purposes for which we will use this information. This applies only to personal information that is subject to the CCPA such as:
- Personal and online identifiers (such as first and last name, email address, or unique online identifiers)
- Categories of information described in Section 1798.80(e) of the California Civil Code (such as physical characteristics or description, social security number, driver’s license or state identification number, address, insurance policy number, and bank account number)
- Characteristics of protected classifications under California or federal law (such as race or gender)
- Professional or employment-related information
- Education information
- Other information about you that is linked to the personal information above