As a Linux Systems Administrator you will be responsible for providing support to Aptoide's server infrastructure, divided between several datacenters.We look for highly technical professionals able to ensure reliability and sustainability of Aptoide platform. Besides normal SysOp tasks, backend engineering, the System Administrator is also responsible for assuring scalability of our backend components, tunning of the frontend servers and contributing to the overall architectural design.
- Support and maintain servers infra-structure
- Development of backend components in interpreted languages
- Deployment of open source and scalable technologies
- Participation in internal projects with the Web Development Team (WDT) and Android Development Team (ADT) that crosses all areas
- Ensuring the overall reliability of services at Aptoide
- Improving security and contributing to safer processes and technologies.
Besides these tasks, backend engineers are also responsible for assuring scalability of our backend components, tunning frontend servers and contributing to the overall architecture design.
- 3+ years of experience supporting internet-facing production services and distributed systems
- Experience with public (aws) and/or private cloud (apache cloudstack)
- Experience with configuration management tools (ansible or other)
- Experience with webserver (nginx, apache) and databases clusters (postgresql) in master-slave configuration
- Knowledge of open source software for monitoring and automatization (nagios/check_mk, grafana, cloudwatch, ...)
- Awareness and experience on scalability issues and knowledge of sharding, clustering, balancing (nginx, varnish, ...), as well as storage (nfs) and cache (memcached, redis, ...)
- Experience with CI/CD tools (jenkins, gradle, ...)
- Strong knowledge of networking protocols (http(s), tcp/ip, udp, ssh, ...)
- Fluency with at least one scripting language, 2 preferred (bash, python, perl, ...)
- BA/BS degree in computer science or relevant industry experience
- Experience with containerization (docker)
What you will get
- Hands on experience with the latest technology in a highly-scallable project with over 150mln active users worldwide
- Attractive package of salary and fringe benefits
- Interaction with partners and clients worldwide