Our Mission and Vision
At Aptible, we envision a world where developers achieve more with less infrastructure. We’re building the platform that empowers developers at companies of all stages of development to move beyond the traditional method of managing infrastructure—DIY with expert infrastructure and platform engineers on AWS, GCP, or Azure. We’ve done this through our secure, compliant, reliable, and scalable Platform as a Service that’s been used by thousand of developers, hundreds of companies, and dozens of publicly traded/unicorn companies since 2013.
As we move forward, we’re doubling down on making it easy to get started with Aptible for even seed stage companies while also increasing support for advanced or bespoke use cases that enterprises require.
Since 2013, Aptible’s platform has grown to support a large infrastructure footprint. Our platform predates Kubernetes. A glimpse into how Aptible works:
- Aptible supports over 40,000 daily infrastructure events across our customer base, from deployments to resource provisioning.
- 50,000 active app and database containers across hundreds of customers, kept online with a 99.95% SLA.
- Aptible Managed Databases launch in just 97 seconds, outpacing AWS RDS's 15 minutes.
- Aptible Apps are up and running in under 90 seconds, faster than AWS ECS's 3-5 minutes.
Aptible describes its commitment to remote work as 'Remote Forever,' because we’ve been remote since we were founded in 2013. We've always invested heavily in company culture, perhaps more so than any team of our size. Our culture and values emphasize finding and retaining team members who exhibit our Traits, Commitment, Resilience, Engagement, Accountability, Transparency, and Empathy (CREATE for short). Employees often highlight our team's "thoughtfulness, energy, and grit" and our relentless pursuit of improvement. Discover more about our culture in Aptible's Culture Hub.
Our Commitment to Diversity and Inclusion
We prioritize diversity within our team and value different perspectives, educational backgrounds, and life experiences. For example, throughout the interview process, you will meet a variety of interviewers from various backgrounds, functions, and genders in order to have a fair and balanced process. We encourage you to ask us questions about opportunities for growth at Aptible and hear stories of how each team member is supported in their role.
We encourage people from marginalized and underrepresented backgrounds to apply.
About This Role
We’re seeking an entrepreneurial Sales Lead who’ll serve as a bridge between our customers and our product.
This is a unique opportunity to be a high-impact, early member of the Aptible Team. As our first Sales Lead, you’ll play a critical role in building Aptible’s product-led sales motion from the ground up. Acting as parts SDR, AE, Sales Ops, User Researcher, and Sales Enabler to start, you’ll improve activation rates, drive signups, and, ultimately, nurture signups until they become paying customers.
Your First 18 Months in Outcomes
- First 3 Months: You’ll be responsible for effectively managing our inbound lead flow. Performance Indicators: Product Qualified Accounts (PQA), Conversion from PQA to Successful Trial (Payment Method Entered) and New Customer
- First 6 Months: Your scope will expand to include the development and management of outbound pipeline generation channels. Additional Performance Indicators: Marketing Qualified Accounts (MQA), All Funnel Step Conversion Rates
- First 12-18 Months: The successful candidate will be able to help us scale our GTM Team. In particular, we will jointly align around the best hiring strategy for accelerating growth in pipeline and improvement in conversion rates.
You Should Apply If (Must-Haves):
- You have led on growing pipeline from a technical audience, primarily through email.
- You have successfully nurtured signups to become activated, and, ultimately, paying customers.
- You have experience with Sales Ops Tools (e.g. Hubspot, Apollo, etc.) to both create and send 1:1 and 1:Many (or automated) email campaigns.
- You have experience in Sales or Customer Success at a PaaS / Dev Tools / PLG Company.
- You are intrinsically motivated and willing to create your own opportunities by searching through the treasure trove of product data in Hubspot.
- You are excited to “step up” and drive our GTM processes forward as our first product-led sales hire.
You Should Apply If (Nice-to-Haves):
- You have collaborated with Sales Engineering, Support/Pre-Sales in helping to nurture prospective customers.
- You have used creative means to build pipeline with “sales allergic” personas (e.g. social selling, partnerships, etc.).
- You have experience hiring and managing BDRs and SDRs, or other Sales and CS roles.
You Shouldn’t Apply If:
- Your experience with pipeline generation is limited to outbound channels.
- You have no experience with PLG or nurturing technical audiences, or aren’t willing to learn quickly.
- You want to be a People Manager on Day 1.
Our Compensation Philosophy
We believe that having a transparent and highly competitive compensation philosophy is the only way we'll be able to attract great team members and retain them. Aptible aligns 100% of our employees' total compensation with the 90th Percentile for the role. We provide the data so you can see exactly how we determined your compensation, and we automatically keep your compensation up-to-date as the market changes.
The Total On-Target Earnings (OTE) range for this position is $200,000-300,000 USD. Within this range, individual pay is determined by additional factors, including job-related qualifications and experience.
We plan to use attainment of an ambitious but fair quota as part of the calculation of your compensation, and you’ll be the first current Aptible employee with a quota. We plan to start you on ramp for a reasonable amount of time, and then align your quota to the attainment of PQA targets as well as product feedback achieved from both PQAs and anti-PQAs (those qualified leads that never actually activate on our platform). As our first Sales Lead, we expect to set quota collaboratively with you, and you will have the support of the full team in achieving quota. Notably, we anticipate building towards giving you the ability to overachieve quota.
- Work from Anywhere: Enjoy the flexibility of working from home, a local co-working space, or your favorite coffee shop.
- Open PTO Policy: We encourage you to take the time you need, when you need it — for any holiday or matter of personal importance.
- Paid Parental Leave: We offer job-protected Paid Time Off — 14 Weeks, Fully Paid — for all parents to bond with a newly born, adopted, or fostered child.
- Learning & Development Stipend: We offer an annual stipend of $3,000 USD to use towards experiences that improve you professionally and inform your work at Aptible.
- Medical, Dental, and Vision Insurance: We offer comprehensive health care for employees, with 100% of premiums paid by Aptible.
- Hardware & Software: We help you create your ideal office setup and provide any software you’ll need.
- Company Travel: We come together in-person at least two to three times per year, in locations around the globe.
Our Interview Process
We seek to make the experience of interviewing with us as delightful, efficient, fair, respectful, and transparent as possible.
A typical process at Aptible might include the following steps. Please note that this may vary by role, and details will be provided to you early on in the process.
- Introduction to Aptible with the Hiring Manager
- 2-3 Skills-Based Interviews with Aptible Team Members
- Take-Home Project (You will be compensated for completing this.)
If you have a disability or special need that requires accommodation, please let your Recruiting Coordinator or Hiring Manager know.