Aptible helps developers do their best work by empowering them to use any cloud infrastructure securely. We’ve already helped hundreds of innovative companies succeed at becoming trustworthy custodians of sensitive data, and we’re just getting started.
Aptible is a fully distributed company, and we’ve been remote since 2013. We’ve grown our customer base considerably since then by focusing on great product. Our team is small but we’re growing fast, and we’re starting to hire for roles and teams we’ve never before had.
This role is an opportunity to be an early contributor and leader at a company that has a substantial revenue base relative to our modest team size and is investing to scale out a company that will accelerate growth.
Our Commitment to Diversity and Inclusion
About this Role
As a member of Aptible's Customer Reliability Engineering team, you'll help Aptible customers optimally deploy their infrastructure. You'll be responsible for recommending best practices to existing and prospective customers, supporting customers in troubleshooting and understanding issues, and translate the feedback you receive into new ways we can improve our product.
If you're successful in your role, you'll be a multiplying factor in Aptible's value to our customers. Aptible's business depends on strong customer retention, and customers consistently tell us that the quality of our support is a big part of why they stick around. By connecting customers directly with engineers who can help guide them on best practices and solve problems, Aptible stands out from the competition in combining great product with great customer support.
- You'll work directly with Aptible customers and prospects to develop solutions for optimally deploying their infrastructure and to resolve technical issues.
- You'll contribute new ideas for features and improvements to Aptible's product and engineering teams.
- You’ll work with Aptible product engineers and site reliability engineers to improve the Aptible product and to maintain documentation.
- You'll become well versed with tools like Linux, AWS, Docker, Terraform, and many modern web frameworks and programming languages.
- Verbal and Written Communication Skills: You have experience explaining complicated concepts and drafting clear communications, whether you're interacting with existing customers, potential customers, or members of the Aptible Team.
- Problem Solving Skills: You have analyzed root causes and identified solutions to problems that we may not have encountered before, or that may be unique to a single customer's application.
- Eagerness to Help Others: You'll have many opportunities each day to make our customers' lives easier and better. You don't need to be an extrovert, but you should enjoy working with and helping other people.
- Software Development Experience: You have written, troubleshooted, or deployed product software applications.
- Desire to Learn: You are excited to work with Docker, Linux, and AWS, and you enjoy learning about modern web frameworks.
Compensation: We set compensation based on benchmarks for comparable companies and positions. Using this data, the target salary ranges for this position are
- Mid level: $150,000/year
- Senior: $198,000/year
- Work from Anywhere: Enjoy the flexibility of working from home, a local co-working space, or your favorite coffee shop.
- Open Vacation Policy: We encourage you to take the time you need, when you need it — for any holiday or matter of personal importance.
- Paid Parental Leave: We offer job-protected Paid Time Off — 14 Weeks, Fully Paid — for all parents to bond with a newly born, adopted, or fostered child.
- Medical, Dental, and Vision Insurance: We offer comprehensive health care for employees, with 100% of premiums paid by Aptible.
- Hardware & Software: We help you create your ideal office setup and provide any software you’ll need.
- Company Travel: We come together in-person at least two to three times per year, in locations around the globe.