Aptible helps developers do their best work by empowering them to use any cloud infrastructure securely. We’ve already helped hundreds of innovative companies succeed at becoming trustworthy custodians of sensitive data, and we’re just getting started.
Aptible is a fully distributed company, and we’ve been remote since 2013. We’ve grown our customer base considerably since then by focusing on great product. Our team is small but we’re growing fast, and we’re starting to hire for roles and teams we’ve never before had.
This role is an opportunity to be an early contributor and leader at a company that has a substantial revenue base relative to our modest team size and is investing to scale out a company that will accelerate growth.
Our Commitment to Diversity and Inclusion
About this Role
- You’ll design, develop, test, deploy, and maintain features that make it easier for developers to deploy secure, compliant infrastructure without needing to manage any infrastructure.
- You’ll be expected to frequently share your expertise and unique perspective with the team, helping us identify potential improvements earlier and make better decisions faster.
- You’ll use your experience as an engineer to help shape the future of Aptible by working with our product team to refine our roadmap and plan new features.
- You’ll have autonomy and ownership over product features from start to finish.
- You’ll be given the option to join our 24/7 on-call rotation (for additional compensation).
- You have experience with a variety of programming languages or tools. The best language to implement a core web API is unlikely to be the best language to implement a metrics collection agent, both of which you’re likely to work on.
- Desire to improve. You seek to understand why things are the way they are, and think about ways to make them better.
- Desire to learn. You seek and have the ability to learn the tools we use today, and the new tools we might use tomorrow. Knowledge of what we use today is a plus. Tools include: Ruby, Rails, Postgres, Docker, AWS, Ember.js, Go
- You’re comfortable interacting with, understanding, and troubleshooting unfamiliar software. When troubleshooting platform trouble or escalated customer issues, you’re likely to have to interact with software you’ve never seen before.
- User focused. You are interested in building and evolving a platform with real users who depend on us for their core business.
- Team player. You provide clear, useful documentation to other engineers and enjoy working closely with team members.
Compensation: We set compensation based on benchmarks for comparable companies and positions. Using this data, the target salary ranges for this position are
- Mid level: $171,000/year
- Senior: $211,000/year
- Principal: $233,000/year
- Work from Anywhere: Enjoy the flexibility of working from home, a local co-working space, or your favorite coffee shop.
- Open Vacation Policy: We encourage you to take the time you need, when you need it — for any holiday or matter of personal importance.
- Paid Parental Leave: We offer job-protected Paid Time Off — 14 Weeks, Fully Paid — for all parents to bond with a newly born, adopted, or fostered child.
- Medical, Dental, and Vision Insurance: We offer comprehensive health care for employees, with 100% of premiums paid by Aptible.
- Hardware & Software: We help you create your ideal office setup and provide any software you’ll need.
- Company Travel: We come together in-person at least two to three times per year, in locations around the globe.