Apptronik is building robots for the real world to improve human quality of life and to help solve the ever-increasing labor shortage problem. Our team has been building some of the most advanced robots on the planet for years, dating back to the DARPA Robotics Challenge. We apply our expertise across the full robotics stack to some of the most important and impactful problems our society faces, and expect our products and technology to change the world for the better. We value passion, creativity, and collaboration to help us overcome existing technological barriers in the industry to create truly innovative products.
You will join a team developing a state-of-the-art general-purpose robots designed to operate in human spaces and with human tools. It is designed to work alongside humans, mobilize to human spaces, and manipulate the world around it.
We seek a passionate Staff Systems Engineer with experience in leading highly complex, technical projects. Apptronik Systems Engineers leverage an understanding of many domains, including requirements generation, engineering analysis, interface definitions, procurement, leadership, management, and manufacturing to coordinate and organize full robot system technical efforts.
This role consolidates a broad skill set to lead the design of a robust, full robotic system leveraging our established Scorpio technology. The role will be working in a small-team environment, contributing to Apptronik’s overall vision of Robots for Humans and delivering useful systems to the field.
- Use systems engineering approaches, including model-based system engineering (MBSE) to manage requirements, milestones, and associated programmatic and system needs
- Lead cross-functional, multidisciplinary teams to develop requirements, architectures, procure plans, fabrication schedules, and test plans for full-stack robotic systems
- Create documentation and organize technical information to serve as deliverables in government contracts, white-papers, and presentations
- Establish individual and team goals consistent with overall company OKRs
- Work closely with a small team to design, prototype, and test new product features
- B.S. Degree in Engineering, Aerospace, Automotive, Mechanical or Electrical preferred
- 5+ years of experience leading cross-functional systems engineering efforts in applications of robotics, autonomous vehicles, industrial automation, or related industries. Salary and title dependent on experience.
- Experience leading engineering teams through structured safety analysis efforts, such as HARA, FMEA and Fault Tree Analysis
- Experience communicating effectively with internal engineering teams and executives
- Strong communication skills, including ability to author technical documentation and deliver presentations on technical topics
- Experience leading cross-functional technical efforts through planning, technical requirement development, and interdisciplinary collaboration
- Experience working in small, interdisciplinary teams in a fast-paced dynamic team environment with rapidly changing roles and responsibilities
- Strong work ethic and close attention to detail
Nice to Have
- Knowledge of Model-Based Systems Engineering methods
- Experience with assembly of robotic systems or industrial equipment
- Experience in Automotive, preferably with construction vehicle development
- Experience in Additive manufacturing technologies
- Experience in managing large-scale and dynamic engineering projects
- Developed products with functional safety and certification requirements
- Competitive base w/ benefits
- Highly motivating equity incentive package
- Flexible work hours policy
- Professional development opportunities
- Unlimited Paid Time Off (PTO)
- 401k plan
*This is a direct hire. Please, no outside Agency solicitations.
Apptronik provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any type without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local laws.