Senior Backend Engineer
ABOUT OUR CULTURE
We are devoted to personal and team growth. We work together to become more badass, and to dominate new problems and questions. We are ambitious about constantly improving. Video showcasing our team: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=b-HNOKoVQbw
Apptimize is about helping mobile teams accelerate their innovation processes through A/B testing, instant updates, and feature flags. Founded in 2013, we are 40+ people, have raised $20M+, and work with customers like the Wall Street Journal, Runtastic, Hotels.com, Trulia, and HotelTonight. Our technology lets mobile teams execute on and figure out their mobile strategy through realtime UX changes, A/B testing, targeting, feature flags, and analytics. Our customers have seen significant increases in revenue and within weeks testify that Apptimize "pays for itself."
Vevo customer story https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AI-Gvo7DDj8
HotelTonight case study https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vH5_RHC8UtQ
ABOUT THE ROLE
You will work on our backend infrastructure, which is responsible for controlling in-app experiences on hundreds of millions of devices every day, and then for processing billions of events from those devices to provide analytics illustrating how users are responding. You will build out new functionality to support our constantly improving product offerings, and you will help us scale our backend as we continue to sign more customers, including some of the largest apps in the world.
- Scale our backend: we process millions of events per second and it's growing.
- Keep performance and costs in good shape as we scale.
- Build backend support for new products and features.
- Write high-quality, maintainable code in Java and Python.
- Propose architectural designs and implement them.
- Translate user-requirements into technical requirements
- Identify security risks and resolution strategies
- Make us all smarter by learning together with us!
- Familiarity with SQL databases
- Eager to take ownership of and responsibility for projects and code bases.
- Biased towards simplicity over complexity
- Experience scaling, microservices, distributed DBs and Big Data technologies
- Thrives in fast paced startup environment and strategically focuses on high value action
- Team oriented: Always motivated to do what's best for the team and wants to be surrounded by others who will do the same.
- Happy to dive deep into hard problems
- Experience with AWS
- Experience with BigQuery
- Experience in analytics processing
- Experience in mobile
- Experience in a startup