NOTE: Candidates must be US citizens/Permanent Residents located in NY, NJ, CA, WA or TX or be willing to relocate
AppSumo is the digital marketplace trusted by 1M+ entrepreneurs. We’ve helped launch thousands of top B2B tools like Mailchimp, Evernote, Intercom, and Dropbox just to name a few.
At AppSumo, we believe work doesn’t have to suck. We love helping entrepreneurs build a lifestyle they’re passionate about. And that includes you.
The foundation of our culture is treating teammates like adults. This is a place where we actually encourage you to have a side hustle and develop your career at AppSumo. You’ll learn everything about starting and growing a business here—and get paid to do it.
We’re on a mission to open the doors of entrepreneurship to everyone. You in?
Why this is your dream job:
As our VP of Marketing, you’ll be working closely with the rest of the leadership team and will play a significant role in shaping the company’s strategic planning. You'll be tasked to develop a brand and promotion strategy that will grow both sides of our business (supply and demand) and position AppSumo as the leading software marketplace for entrepreneurs. This will be accomplished by building strong cross-functional relationships within the organization and having an analytic, data-driven approach to marketing spend.
You will report directly to the CEO and will be managing 20+ full-time Marketing team members and 25+ Marketing contractors/agencies.
- 10+ years of demonstrated ability working in marketing with multi-channel knowledge and expertise (SEO, affiliates, email, content, paid media, etc.)
- Experience working for a digital marketplace, preferably in the SaaS or eCommerce space
- Strong leadership skills; proven experience scaling and developing a team of high-performing marketing professionals (Minimum 8+ years in a people management role previously)
- Highly analytical with a strong understanding of ROI and how to prioritize initiatives based on data
- “Been there, done that” mentality — you’re a top-tier leader with playbooks for how to scale and develop processes for an organization during a strategic transition
- Experience in marketplace/eCommerce/SaaS startups
- Experience building a marketing strategy framework (ex. Customer/Partner Value Prop) and putting it into action
- Having delivered measurable results that have directly led to business growth
- Health insurance through Humana, plus vision, dental, life insurance, and mental health services for you and your loved ones
- 401(k) matching
- 100% hybrid work model—work from home or the office
- Open vacation (PTO) policy (plan to make your Slack status a “🌴” at least one week per quarter)
Unique perks to take care of you:
- Freedom to have a side hustle (we don’t treat that word like it’s Voldemort)
- Free access to all the software and tools in the AppSumo marketplace
- An invite to our annual all-expenses-paid company trip (think Costa Rican Resort, not teambuilding at Generic Corporate Venue #84)
- Flexible hours that let you start late or take that midday power nap
- Access to our dog-friendly, snack-packed office in Austin
- Free lunch once a week, all the gear you need and work that actually makes an impact
Ready to join us?
Individuals seeking employment at AppSumo are considered without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, age, sex, marital status, ancestry, physical or mental disability, veteran status, gender identity, or sexual orientation. You are being given the opportunity to provide the following information in order to help us comply with federal and state Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action record keeping, reporting, and other legal requirements.