NOTE: Candidates must be US citizens/Permanent Residents located in NY, CA, WA or TX or be willing to relocate
Site Reliability Engineer
Who Is AppSumo
AppSumo is the tech powerhouse you’ve probably never heard of. We’ve helped launch MailChimp, Evernote, and Dropbox (to name a few) — over 1,500 startups have come through our doors and become household names in software. (Learn more about us here!)
Our motto? The tools you need to run your business shouldn’t put you out of business. And we are committed to bringing our community the absolute best deals on software. With thousands of successful product launches and over a million entrepreneurs served, we’re looking to take AppSumo to the next level.
That’s where you, the Site Reliability Engineer, come in.
About This Role
This role is responsible for ensuring the operational integrity of our product through designing, building, running, and monitoring our public and internal infrastructure. This is a highly technical role that requires you to partner with application development teams in building reliable infrastructure that our hustlers rely on.
On the day-to-day, you’ll be:
- Building improved CI/CD capabilities and leveraging terraform and containers to manage our infrastructure, and automated quality gates to prevent defects.
- Partnering on the design of our architecture designed to handle petabytes of user data.
- Ensuring an amazing customer experience by holding the bar for high uptime and site speed.
- Improving our incident response process and time
This is a unique role best suited for someone who can fearlessly take an idea and run with it, and use their broad expertise to work through the whole stack with confidence. Our ideal candidate has:
- 10+ years of industry experience, preferably with an e-commerce SaaS/PaaS company
- Expertise in key SRE skills (Scalability, Reliability, and Observability)
- Expertise with monitoring or log aggregation tools (Grafana, Sensu, ELK, InfluxDB)
- Experience with Terraform or Cloud front, AWS, Containers, and Chef
- Excellent communication skills and ability to work in a team environment
- Proficiency with Python and Node
Why work for us?
We provide a competitive compensation and benefits package. We have moved to a hybrid workplace where you can choose your best working environment.
When at the office, you will be equipped with a standing desk, a monitor, and any other tech you need to feel productive. Oh, and you can bring your dog to work. We're animal lovers here!
In addition, we offer a stocked fridge, any snacks you want, and (once we’re allowed outside again) two all-expenses-paid company trips with the team to the local Sheraton—just kidding: last year, we went to an all-inclusive resort in Costa Rica; you can check it out here.
At AppSumo, we treat all of our teammates like adults and trust that you'll get it done when you have something to do. If you need to run an errand, hit the gym, or meet a friend for lunch, you’re encouraged to do so. You can work from home as often as you need to, and you’ll have unlimited vacation days to go on adventures. (Everyone says it, but we mean it: We expect you to take time for yourself.)
We’re committed to crafting a diverse, encouraging, and collaborative working environment—every person we bring onto the team helps cultivate a culture that we’re proud of.
Up for the challenge? Let’s do this!
Individuals seeking employment at AppSumo are considered without regards to race, color, religion, national origin, age, sex, marital status, ancestry, physical or mental disability, veteran status, gender identity, or sexual orientation. You are being given the opportunity to provide the following information in order to help us comply with federal and state Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action record keeping, reporting, and other legal requirements.