Who Is AppSumo
AppSumo is the tech powerhouse you’ve probably never heard of. We’ve helped launch MailChimp, Evernote, and Dropbox (to name a few) — over 1,500 startups have come through our doors and become household names in software. (Learn more about us here!)
Our motto? The tools you need to run your business shouldn’t put you out of business. And we are committed to bringing our community the absolute best deals on software. With thousands of successful product launches and over a million entrepreneurs served, we’re looking to take AppSumo to the next level.
That’s where you, the BI Analyst come in.
About This Role
We’re looking for someone to join the newly created BI team, becoming a specialist at understanding our data, and driving us forward. We expect you to work closely with the Marketing team leads and aid in drawing insight from our data. This includes creating dashboards, visualizations, and business tools for use across AppSumo.
On the day-to-day, you’ll be:
- Pulling reports, dashboards, and visualizations using Amazon Quicksight.
- Understanding your partner’s objectives and how they measure performance.
- Turn strategic business requirements into technical requirements
- Understand the data sources to be able to pull from the correct one for any given analysis
- 1-2 years of SQL experience
- Excellent oral and written communication skills, and comfortable presenting to groups
- Knowledge of ETL and data warehouse concepts and processes
- Ability to explain complicated or technical information in a simple way to non-technical audiences
- Willingness to question the validity and accuracy of data and assumptions
- BS degree in math, statistics, computer science, or equivalent technical field
In the first three months of this role, success means understanding the data and logic behind the core reporting dashboards.
- Amazon Quicksight
Why work for us?
We provide a competitive compensation and benefits package. We have moved to a hybrid workplace where you can choose your best working environment.
When at the office, you will be equipped with a standing desk, a monitor, and any other tech you need to feel productive. Oh, and you can bring your dog to work. We're animal lovers here!
In addition, we offer a stocked fridge, any snacks you want, and (once we’re allowed outside again) two all-expenses-paid company trips with the team to the local Sheraton—just kidding: last year, we went to an all-inclusive resort in Costa Rica; you can check it out here.
At AppSumo, we treat all of our teammates like adults and trust that you'll get it done when you have something to do. Need to run an errand, hit the gym, or meet a friend for lunch? You're encouraged to do so. You can work from home as often as you need, and you’ll have unlimited vacation days to go on adventures. (Everyone says it, but we mean it)
We’re committed to crafting a diverse, encouraging, and collaborative working environment—every person we bring onto the team helps cultivate a culture that we’re proud of.
Up for the challenge? Let’s do this!
Individuals seeking employment at AppSumo are considered without regards to race, color, religion, national origin, age, sex, marital status, ancestry, physical or mental disability, veteran status, gender identity, or sexual orientation. You are being given the opportunity to provide the following information in order to help us align with federal and state Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action record keeping, reporting, and other legal requirements.
Candidates must be US Citizens/Permanent Residents located in TX, NY, CA or WA or be willing to relocate