NOTE: Candidates must be US citizens/Permanent Residents located in NY, CA, WA or TX or be willing to relocate
Who Is AppSumo
AppSumo is the tech powerhouse you’ve probably never heard of. We’ve helped launch MailChimp, Evernote, and Dropbox (to name a few) — over 1,500 startups have come through our doors and become household names in software. (Learn more about us here!)
Our motto? The tools to run your business shouldn’t put you out of business. And we are committed to bringing our community the absolute best deals on software. With thousands of successful product launches and over a million entrepreneurs served, we’re looking to take AppSumo to the next level.
That’s where you, the Partner Community Moderator come in.
About This Role
This job is designed for someone who is a problem solver, momentum builder, experience creator, and highly motivated. It’s all about communicating a clear vision and brand voice to our Partner Community. In this role, you will help build a seamless experience for the AppSumo Partner community by moderating online conversations, answering questions, developing engagement strategies, and building positive relationships.
On the day-to-day, you’ll:
- Act as liaison between partners and Sumo-lings and offer solutions and strategies to cultivate relationships between the two
- Plan and execute Partner Community initiatives and programs
- Respond to comments and questions in a timely manner
- Moderate reviews and questions on the Product Detail Pages, and help partners tackle Sumo-ling related issues
- Engage with the community and do regular outreach on the platform and in Slack
- Establish and implement Community Guidelines
- Build and maintain community participation and facilitate conversations on all community platforms
- Understand and articulate the AppSumo brand voice through daily engagements
This is a unique role that requires creative problem solving, a consultative approach, and the drive to consistently engage with our growing Sumo-ling community. Our ideal candidate has:
- Bachelor's degree or experience in communication, marketing, or customer service
- Experience in running a brand’s community across multiple company platforms
- Strong written and oral communication skills and timely assistance. Be a quick responder to community questions, offer guidance, and keep a pulse on the “sentiment” of traffic to the AppSumo pages
- Attention to detail and ability to multitask while engaging with multiple sumo-lings, across multiple channels, for multiple deals!
- Comfortability with ambiguity. Updates can happen on the fly and you will adjust your workflow to align with the changes
- Excellent customer service and interpersonal skills with the ability to build strong relationships with global partners
- Last but not least: Empathy. AppSumo has customers from all over the world. That being said, you'll be supporting many different personalities and cultures. You’ll need to craft your messaging to meet a Sumo-ling’s unique needs. You might encounter difficult situations, but if you can keep a level head, showcase understanding, and provide guidance through the fire - you will do phenomenal!
In the first three months of this role, success means developing a full understanding of our community platforms, increasing community engagement, and leading partners through their AppSumo campaigns.
- Experience in Customer Success or Customer Experience
- Experience growing a loyal community within a fast-growing company
- Experience handling relationships with startups and entrepreneurs
Why work for us?
We provide a competitive compensation and benefits package. We have moved to a hybrid workplace where you can choose your best working environment.
When at the office, you will be equipped with a standing desk, a monitor, and any other tech vital to feel productive. Oh, and you can bring your dog to work. We're animal lovers here!
In addition, we offer a stocked fridge, any snacks you want, and (once we’re allowed outside again) two all-expenses-paid company trips with the team to the local Sheraton—just kidding: last year, we went to an all-inclusive resort in Costa Rica; you can check it out here.
At AppSumo, we treat all of our teammates like adults and trust that you'll get it done when you have something to do. If you want to run an errand, hit the gym, or meet a friend for lunch, you’re encouraged to do so. You can work from home as often as you would like, and you’ll have unlimited vacation days to go on adventures. (Everyone says it, but we mean it: We expect you to take time for yourself.)
We’re committed to crafting a diverse, encouraging, and collaborative working environment—every person we bring onto the team helps cultivate a culture that we’re proud of.
Up for the challenge? Let’s do this!
Individuals seeking employment at AppSumo are considered without regards to race, color, religion, national origin, age, sex, marital status, ancestry, physical or mental disability, veteran status, gender identity, or sexual orientation. You are being given the opportunity to provide the following information in order to help us comply with federal and state Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action record keeping, reporting, and other legal requirements.