NOTE: Candidates must be US citizens/Permanent Residents located in NY, CA, WA or TX or be willing to relocate
Who Is AppSumo
AppSumo is the tech powerhouse you’ve probably never heard of. We’ve helped launch MailChimp, Evernote, and Dropbox (to name a few) — over 1,500 startups have come through our doors and become household names in software. (Learn more about us here!)
Our motto? The tools you need to run your business shouldn’t put you out of business. And we are committed to bringing our community the absolute best deals on software. With thousands of successful product launches and over a million entrepreneurs served, we’re looking to take AppSumo to the next level.
That’s where you, the Account Executive come in.
About This Role
This job is not an ordinary sales role, your responsibility is to forge a partnership that will benefit all parties.
- Vetting software products from all over the world
- Act as a VC when screening potential partnerships
- Work with SaaS Startups to help them grow and scale by using the AppSumo Store
- Sell and close partnerships that will equally significantly benefit the partner, our customers, and AppSumo
On the day-to-day, you’ll be:
- Prospecting and closing deals over phone, email, and video
- Negotiating and structuring complex deals
- Vetting leads to ensure that AppSumo maintains its high bar for products
- Encouraging long-term alliances with partners
- Informing potential partners on how to optimally launch on AppSumo
- Familiarity with Salesforce, MixMax, Booking platforms, and Project Management tools
- Work closely with the SDR team to ensure the quality of bookings
This is a unique role that requires
- A knack for effective negotiation
- An understanding of the full sales cycle including prospecting, lead generation, vetting, and closing
- Experience running email campaigns and strategic outreach
- 2+years as an AE or similar role closing deals in the SaaS, PaaS, and/or enterprise software space
- SaaS, negotiation, closing, forecasting, proposals
- A user-centric mentality with a passion for Entrepreneurship and Startups
In the first three months of this role, success means:
- Mastering the AppSumo closing process
- Full understanding of our store and product selection
- Learn how to prospect and identify tools
- You will close over 20 deals
- Optimally launch 2 deals
Why work for us?
We provide a competitive compensation and benefits package. We have moved to a hybrid workplace where you can choose your best working environment.
When at the office, you will be equipped with a standing desk, a monitor, and any other tech you need to feel productive. Oh, and you can bring your dog to work. We're animal lovers here!
In addition, we offer a stocked fridge, any snacks you want, and (once we’re allowed outside again) two all-expenses-paid company trips with the team to the local Sheraton—just kidding: last year, we went to an all-inclusive resort in Costa Rica; you can check it out here.
At AppSumo, we treat all of our teammates like adults and trust that you'll get it done when you have something to do. Need to run an errand, hit the gym, or meet a friend for lunch? You are encouraged to do so. You can work from home as often as you need to, and you’ll have unlimited vacation days to go on adventures. (Everyone says it, but we mean it: We expect you to take time for yourself.
We’re committed to crafting a diverse, encouraging, and collaborative working environment—every person we bring onto the team helps cultivate a culture that we’re proud of.
Up for the challenge? Let’s do this!
Individuals seeking employment at AppSumo are considered without regards to race, color, religion, national origin, age, sex, marital status, ancestry, physical or mental disability, veteran status, gender identity, or sexual orientation. You are being given the opportunity to provide the following information in order to help us comply with federal and state Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action record keeping, reporting, and other legal requirements.