NOTE: Candidates must be US citizens/Permanent Residents located in NY, CA, WA or TX or be willing to relocate
Who Is AppSumo
AppSumo is the tech powerhouse you’ve probably never heard of. We’ve helped launch MailChimp, Evernote, and Dropbox (to name a few) — over 1,500 startups have come through our doors and become household names in software.
Our motto? The tools you need to run your business shouldn’t put you out of business. And we are committed to bringing our community the absolute best deals on software. With thousands of successful product launches and over a million entrepreneurs served, we’re looking to take AppSumo to the next level!
We’re passionate about the future we’re building, and we need strong leadership to help us get there. That’s where you, our fearless new CEO, come in.
About This Role
This job is about casting a strong vision and uniting our team around it. As the Chief Executive Officer, you’ll provide strategic, financial, and operational leadership for the entire company. Working closely with our Board of Directors and leadership team, you will grow AppSumo to nine figures, and beyond.
- Analyze and develop long-term growth and strategy initiatives (a.k.a., you will build the road map to our future successes)
- Evaluate the company’s financial, operational, sales, and marketing strategies and tie it all together
- Provide expert financial guidance with cash flow projections and profit and loss statements (turning data into key insights)
- Craft a 1–3 year strategic plan, and share it with our team
- Hire the executive team and scale-out the overall team
- Provide strategic input and leadership on key issues, specifically potential mergers, acquisitions, or partnerships (we can do anything here, but you know which direction is best)
Every company is unique, and we want to make sure we’re a great fit for you. Here’s the kind of teammate we’re interested in:
- You’re an effective communicator with a story and a mission
- You’re a strong leader and can train, mentor, and manage growing teams
- You’re inventive and find creative solutions when faced with obstacles
- You like getting your hands dirty, good leadership means rolling up your sleeves
- You have at least 5 years of experience as a CEO
- SaaS background
- Strong executive presence and ability to drive results, but can still keep AppSumo weird
Pay & Benefits
We offer a competitive total compensation package including Base, Equity and Bonus. We’ll align your incentives with the overall success of the company.
Although we remain a Hybrid Remote work environment, we also have an outstanding office in East Austin if you so choose.
Our founder, Noah Kagan, also has a sweet podcast room frequented by impressive entrepreneurs, tech founders, and other CEOs. (Office with cool studio setup = hack for networking with amazing people.)
During normal times, we do two all-expenses-paid company trips. The last one was an all-inclusive resort in Costa Rica; you can check it out here.
Why work for us?
We’re committed to creating a diverse, encouraging, and collaborative working environment — every person on the team helps cultivate a culture that we’re proud of. We actually mean this. As soon as you meet the team, you’ll see it.
AppSumo is skyrocketing right now. We’re helping more entrepreneurs and customers than ever before. Customers send weekly notes to our support team to just say thank you for simply changing their lives.
There’s never been a better time to join the team and take us to the next level! It’s a HUGE opportunity with an even bigger upside. And you’ll be in charge of it all.
Individuals seeking employment at AppSumo are considered without regards to race, color, religion, national origin, age, sex, marital status, ancestry, physical or mental disability, veteran status, gender identity, or sexual orientation. You are being given the opportunity to provide the following information in order to help us align with federal and state Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action record keeping, reporting, and other legal requirements.