NOTE: Candidates must be US citizens/Permanent Residents located in NY, CA, WA or TX or be willing to relocate
Who Is AppSumo
AppSumo is the tech powerhouse you’ve probably never heard of. We’ve helped launch MailChimp, Evernote, and Dropbox (to name a few) — over 1,500 startups have come through our doors and become household names in software. (Learn more about us here!)
Our motto? The tools you need to run your business shouldn’t put you out of business. And we are committed to bringing our community the absolute best deals on software. With thousands of successful product launches and over a million entrepreneurs served, we’re looking to take AppSumo to the next level.
That’s where you, the Product Manager come in.
About This Role
This position will work alongside the Lead Product Manager to act as a conduit of communication between multiple teams, executing strategy and growing user understanding.
On the day-to-day, you’ll be:
- Solving problems and providing scalable solutions
- Communicating your vision and strategy throughout the organization
- Leading cross-functional projects to define a roadmap and execute innovative ideas
- Collaborating with the Partner Experience, Customer Experience, and Business Development teams to generate insights and develop new ideas.
- Working with Engineering, Sales and Marketing teams as well as Designers
- Using qualitative consumer insights and quantitative data to make key decisions
- Talking to customers, researching user needs, capturing requirements
What We’re Looking For
- 2+ years of Product Management or Consulting experience with a proven record of successfully delivering solutions
- Demonstrated success working within a SaaS organization
- A deep understanding and familiarity with 2-Sided marketplaces
- Prioritizing well and articulating your findings across business functions and geographies
- Outstanding communication skills, both written and verbal whether in small group discussions, large-scale presentations or with executives
- Outstanding analytical abilities
- Demonstrated understanding of good UX
- A proven track record of technical product innovation, identifying new opportunities and building them to scale
- A strong strategic problem solver comfortable with making data centric decisions
- The ability to balance consumer, partner, and business interests while considering technical integration tradeoffs
Technical knowledge would be a huge plus - we are a Node/Vue environment
Why work for us?
We provide a competitive compensation and benefits package. Due to the coronavirus, our team is remaining remote through the summer of 2021, and we have moved to a hybrid workplace where you can choose your best working environment.
When at the office, you will be equipped with a standing desk, a monitor, and any other tech that helps you feel productive. Oh, and you can bring your dog to work. We're animal lovers here!
In addition, we offer a stocked fridge, any snacks you want, and (once we’re allowed outside again) two all-expenses-paid company trips with the team to the local Sheraton—just kidding: last year, we went to an all-inclusive resort in Costa Rica; you can check it out here.
At AppSumo, we treat all of our teammates like adults and trust that you'll get it done when you have something to do. Need to run an errand, hit the gym, or meet a friend for lunch? You’re encouraged to do so. You can work from home as often as you need, and you’ll have unlimited vacation days to go on adventures. (Everyone says it, but we mean it: We expect you to take time for yourself.)
We’re committed to crafting a diverse, encouraging, and collaborative working environment—every person we bring onto the team helps cultivate a culture that we’re proud of.
Up for the challenge? Let’s do this!
Individuals seeking employment at AppSumo are considered without regards to race, color, religion, national origin, age, sex, marital status, ancestry, physical or mental disability, veteran status, gender identity, or sexual orientation. You are being given the opportunity to provide the following information in order to help us align with federal and state Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action record keeping, reporting, and other legal requirements.