NOTE: Candidates must be US citizens/Permanent Residents located in NY, CA, WA or TX or be willing to relocate
Who We Are
AppSumo is the tech powerhouse you've probably never heard of. We've helped launch tools like MailChimp, Evernote, and Dropbox (to name a few) — over 1,500 startups have come through our doors and become household names in software. (Learn more about us here!)
Our motto? The tools you need to run your business shouldn't put you out of business. And we're committed to bringing our community the absolute best deals on software. With thousands of successful product launches and over a million entrepreneurs served, we're looking to take AppSumo to the next level.
That's where you, the Partner Success Associate, come in.
About This Role
This job is all about establishing relationships with our partners (i.e., the folks who list products on AppSumo) through their onboarding and campaigns. As one of our partners' main points of contact, you’ll prepare them to launch their products on our site. If you're a self-motivated hustler and goal-digger, you're exactly who we're looking for!
On the day-to-day, you will:
- Communicate action items and deadlines across multiple projects (Slack, video conferencing, emails)
- Work cross-departmentally with the sales, content, and launch ops teams to manage the onboarding process for partners
- Answering questions and getting partners hyped for launch
- Building and delivering resources that take partners to the next level
- Analyzing and implementing partner feedback
- Anticipating potential obstacles for our partners and devising creative solutions
This is an outstanding role that requires balancing a high volume of tasks, adapting to a constantly evolving environment, and wearing multiple hats. Our ideal candidate has:
- Experience with forming relationships and managing multiple accounts at one time (bonus points if it’s in the tech space)
- The ability to multitask and prioritize
- The ability to effectively connect with different types of learners (with diverse cultural backgrounds)
- Familiarity with Excel and outbound email sequencing
- High standards — missing a goal isn't an option for you and you're focused and committed to pushing past the boundaries
In the first three months of this role, success means mentoring a partner through every step of the launch process and helping them boost their campaigns when they aren’t meeting their goals.
Who Thrives at AppSumo
Every company is unique, and we want to make sure we're just as good a fit for you. Here's the kind of teammate we play well with:
- You're inventive and seek creative solutions when faced with obstacles
- You get sh*t done — results > PowerPoint's
- You love to learn. If you geek out over tech and design after hours, you'll fit right in
- You don't take yourself too seriously — save your blazer for your cousin's wedding
- You like to get your hands dirty — good leadership means rolling up your sleeves
Pay & Benefits
We provide a competitive compensation and benefits package. Due to the coronavirus, our team is remaining remote through the end of 2021, and it is currently optional to go into our Austin office.
When at the office, you'll be equipped with a standing desk, a monitor, and any other tech you need to feel productive. Oh, and you can bring your dog to work. We love your dog :)
In addition, we offer a stocked fridge, any snacks you want, and (once we're allowed outside again) two all-expenses paid company trips with the team to the local Sheraton — just kidding: In 2019, we went to an all-inclusive resort in Costa Rica; you can check it out here.
At AppSumo, we treat all of our teammates like adults and trust that when you have something to do, you'll get it done. If you need to run an errand, hit the gym, or meet a friend for lunch, you're encouraged to do so. You can work from home as often as you need to, and you'll have unlimited vacation days to go on adventures. (Everyone says it, but we mean it: We expect you to take time for yourself.)
We're committed to crafting a diverse, encouraging, and collaborative working environment — every person we bring onto the team helps cultivate a culture that we're proud of.
Up for the challenge? Let's do this :)