NOTE: Candidates must be US citizens/Permanent Residents located in NY, CA, WA or TX or be willing to relocate
Partner Operations Associate
Who Is AppSumo
AppSumo is the tech powerhouse you’ve probably never heard of. We’ve helped launch MailChimp, Evernote, and Dropbox (to name a few) — over 1,500 startups have come through our doors and become household names in software. (Learn more about us here!)
Our motto? The tools you need to run your business shouldn’t put you out of business. And we’re committed to bringing our community the absolute best deals on software. With thousands of successful product launches and over a million entrepreneurs served, we’re looking to take AppSumo to the next level.
That’s where you, the Partner Operations Associate, come in.
About This Role
This job is all about providing support for our partners (i.e., the folks who list Select products on AppSumo) through their deal launch. You’ll serve as a lead point of contact and handle onboarding, partner communications, and regular check-ins. If you’re a natural-born executor who’s hyper-organized, detail-oriented, and overly prepared for any situation, you’re just the kind of person we want to talk to!
On the day-to-day, you’ll:
- Communicate with our partners over email, Slack, and video conferencing
- Work cross-departmentally with the sales, content, and partner success teams to manage the onboarding process and stay on top of calendar deadlines
- Build partner deals within our internal system and oversee the project from start to finish
- Provide advice and action items to help our partners level up their products for our customer base
- Anticipate potential obstacles for our partners and devise creative solutions
- Work with software such as MixMax, MeisterTask, Slack, and Freedcamp to manage partner communications and deals
Bonus tacos if you have high-level knowledge of:
- HTML, JSON, or coding
- Browser developer tool consoles
- API-based systems
This is a unique role that requires juggling a high volume of tasks, adapting to an ever-changing environment, and wearing multiple hats. Our ideal candidate has:
- Experience at a SaaS, ecommerce, or web-based company
- A strong attention to detail and an unparalleled level of organization — your sock drawer puts Marie Kondo to shame
- A desire to drive results through well-crafted processes and critical thinking
- The ability to effectively communicate with different types of learners
- Familiarity with Excel, Google Workspace, and outbound email sequencing
In the first three months of this role, success means developing a full understanding of our internal systems, being able to set up the deals we run on our platform, and effectively communicating with partners and resolving their concerns.
Who Thrives at AppSumo
Every company is unique, and we want to make sure we’re a good fit for you. Here’s who we’re looking for:
- You’re resourceful and seek creative solutions when faced with obstacles
- You get sh*t done — results > Powerpoints
- You love to learn. If you geek out over tech and design after hours, you’ll fit right in
- You don’t take yourself too seriously — save your blazer for your cousin’s wedding
- You like to get your hands dirty — good leadership means rolling up your sleeves
Pay & Benefits
We provide a competitive compensation and benefits package. Due to the coronavirus, our team is remaining remote through the summer of 2021, and it is currently optional to go into our Austin office.
When at the office, you’ll be equipped with a standing desk, a monitor, and any other tech you need to feel productive. Oh, and you can bring your dog to work. We love your dog :)
In addition, we offer a stocked fridge, any snacks you want, and (once we’re allowed outside again) two all-expenses paid company trips with the team to the local Sheraton — just kidding: last year, we went to an all-inclusive resort in Costa Rica; you can check it out here.
At AppSumo, we treat all of our teammates like adults and trust that when you have something to do, you’ll get it done. If you need to run an errand, hit the gym, or meet a friend for lunch, you’re encouraged to do so. You can work from home as often as you need to, and you’ll have unlimited vacation days to go on adventures. (Everyone says it, but we mean it: We expect you to take time for yourself.)
We’re committed to creating a diverse, supportive, and collaborative working environment — every person we bring onto the team helps cultivate a culture that we’re proud of.
Up for the challenge? Let’s do this :)