NOTE: Candidates must be US citizens/Permanent Residents located in NY, CA, WA or TX or be willing to relocate
Who Is AppSumo
AppSumo is the tech powerhouse you’ve probably never heard of. We’ve helped launch MailChimp, Evernote, and Dropbox (to name a few) — over 1,500 startups have come through our doors and become household names in software. (Learn more about us here!)
Our motto? The tools you need to run your business shouldn’t put you out of business. And we’re committed to bringing our community the absolute best deals on software. With thousands of successful product launches and over a million entrepreneurs served, we’re looking to take AppSumo to the next level.
That’s where you, the Software Engineer, come in.
About This Role
This job is about collaborating to assess the biggest business opportunities exist on our site and implementing cutting-edge solutions that improve the AppSumo platform. In this role, you’ll work on customer-facing products and watch your code impact millions of users within days! We work hard and ship fast, but we still keep a high bar for quality and testing.
On the day-to-day, you’ll be:
- Working with our senior engineers, product and design team to deeply understand the needs of our users
- Working on infrastructure to handle hundreds of terabytes of user data using Postgres, ElasticSearch, Redis, and more
- Working in a CI/CD environment with python, Jenkins, and touching on AWS and Docker
- Partnering closely with customer support to respond to user issues
This is a unique role best suited for someone who can fearlessly take a task and run with it, and use their broad range to work through the whole stack with confidence. Our ideal candidate has:
- Minimum of 3+ years of industry experience, preferably with an ecommerce, SaaS/PaaS company
- Experience working in a collaborative team environment
- While this role is remote, there is a preference for future teammates based in the Austin, TX area
In your first three months, success means you have learned the code base and shipped out three meaningful updates to the AppSumo website.
Who Thrives at AppSumo
Every company is unique, and we want to make sure we’re a good fit for you. Here’s who we’re looking for:
- You’re resourceful and seek creative solutions when faced with obstacles
- You get sh*t done — results > Powerpoints
- You love to learn. If you geek out over tech and design after hours, you’ll fit right in
- You don’t take yourself too seriously — save your blazer for your cousin’s wedding
- You like to get your hands dirty — good leadership means rolling up your sleeves
Pay & Benefits
We provide a competitive compensation and benefits package. Due to the coronavirus, our team is remaining remote through the summer of 2021, and it is currently optional to go into our Austin office.
When at the office, you’ll be equipped with a standing desk, a monitor, and any other tech you need to feel productive. Oh, and you can bring your dog to work. We love your dog :)
In addition, we offer a stocked fridge, any snacks you want, and (once we’re allowed outside again) two all-expenses paid company trips with the team to the local Sheraton — just kidding: last year, we went to an all-inclusive resort in Costa Rica; you can check it out here.
At AppSumo, we treat all of our teammates like adults and trust that when you have something to do, you’ll get it done. If you need to run an errand, hit the gym, or meet a friend for lunch, you’re encouraged to do so. You can work from home as often as you need to, and you’ll have unlimited vacation days to go on adventures. (Everyone says it, but we mean it: We expect you to take time for yourself.)
We’re committed to creating a diverse, supportive, and collaborative working environment — every person we bring onto the team helps cultivate a culture that we’re proud of.
Up for the challenge? Let’s do this :)