Who Is AppSumo
AppSumo is the tech powerhouse you’ve probably never heard of. We’ve helped launch MailChimp, Evernote, and Dropbox (to name a few) — over 1,500 startups have come through our doors and become household names in software. (Learn more about us here!)
Our motto? The tools you need to run your business shouldn’t put you out of business. And we’re committed to bringing our community the absolute best deals on software. With thousands of successful product launches and over a million entrepreneurs served, we’re looking to take AppSumo to the next level.
That’s where you, the VP of Engineering, come in.
About This Role
This job is all about leading our engineering team as it grows. In this role, you’ll work directly with the CTO to help drive our hardworking engineers responsible for the success of our e-commerce platform. As the VP of Engineering, you’re in charge of developing internal processes for consistency, and accountability to the daily work our engineers are responsible for. You will be integral to the direction and operations of our long-term strategies and guide us towards a unified mission.
Your responsibilities will involve:
- Leading and developing the growth of the engineering team
- Forecast and planning engineering roadmap while working multi-functionally with our leadership team
- Conducting regular 1:1 meetings and performance evaluations
This is a unique role best suited for someone who has a desire for being innovative and drive the strategy forward.
Our ideal candidate has:
- 10+ years of developing engineering organizations, preferably with an e-commerce SaaS/PaaS company
- Proven experience mentoring and managing engineering teams
Who Thrives at AppSumo
Every company is unique, and we want to make sure we’re a good fit for you. Here’s who we’re looking for:
- You’re inventive and seek creative solutions when faced with obstacles
- You get sh*t done — results > Powerpoints
- You love to learn. If you geek out over tech and design after hours, you’ll fit right in
- You don’t take yourself too seriously — save your blazer for your cousin’s wedding
- You like to get your hands dirty — good leadership means rolling up your sleeves
Pay & Benefits
We provide a competitive compensation and benefits package. Due to the coronavirus, our team is remaining remote through the summer of 2021, and it is currently optional to go into our Austin office.
When at the office, you’ll be equipped with a standing desk, a monitor, and any other tech you need to feel productive. Oh, and you can bring your dog to work. We love your dog :)
In addition, we offer a stocked fridge, any snacks you want, and (once we’re allowed outside again) two all-expenses-paid company trips with the team to the local Sheraton — just kidding: last year, we went to an all-inclusive resort in Costa Rica; you can check it out here.
At AppSumo, we treat all of our teammates like adults and trust that when you have something to do, you’ll get it done. If you need to run an errand, hit the gym, or meet a friend for lunch, you’re encouraged to do so. You can work from home as often as you need to, and you’ll have unlimited vacation days to go on adventures. (Everyone says it, but we mean it: We expect you to take time for yourself.)
We’re committed to crafting a diverse, encouraging, and collaborative working environment — every person we bring onto the team helps cultivate a culture that we’re proud of.
Up for the challenge? Let’s do this :)