NOTE: Candidates must be US citizens/Permanent Residents and located in NY, CA, WA or TX or be willing to relocate
Who Is AppSumo
AppSumo is the tech powerhouse you’ve probably never heard of. We’ve helped launch MailChimp, Evernote, and Dropbox (to name a few) — over 1,500 startups have come through our doors and become household names in software. (Learn more about us here!)
Our motto? The tools you need to run your business shouldn’t put you out of business. And we’re committed to bringing our community the absolute best deals on software. With thousands of successful product launches and over a million entrepreneurs served, we’re looking to take AppSumo to the next level.
That’s where you, the Associate Recruiter, come in.
About This Role
This job is about providing a stellar candidate experience and ensuring that candidates get an accurate glimpse into what AppSumo’s culture is all about. In this role, you’ll combine your attention to detail and customer-service mindset to help grow the AppSumo team and improve recruiting processes.
On the day-to-day, you’ll be:
- Partnering closely with the recruiting team to support candidates through the interview process
- Working independently to schedule interviews through Greenhouse, Zoom, and GCal
- Working to optimize recruiting process
- Screening candidates through resume reviews and phone interviews
- Providing a seamless virtual and/or onsite interview experience for all candidates
- Setting up new job postings on the AppSumo website and 3rd party platforms
- Working to increase the talent in our candidate pool
This is a unique role that requires an endless capacity for patience, a (virtual) smile that can put the most nervous candidate at ease, and the tenacity to advocate for them in all situations. Our ideal candidate has:
- 1-2 years of experience in recruiting or related field
- Strong attention to detail and unparalleled organization — your sock drawer puts Marie Kondo to shame
- Impeccable written communication skills, with the ability to jump on the phone when needed
- Customer service mindset — a positive candidate experience is the highest goal we strive for
In the first three months of this role, success means learning all our recruiting processes, providing valuable insight into opportunities for improvement, and scheduling candidates flawlessly through Greenhouse, our Applicant Tracking System.
Who Thrives at AppSumo
Every company is unique, and we want to make sure we’re a good fit for you. Here’s who we’re looking for:
- You’re resourceful and seek creative solutions when faced with obstacles
- You get sh*t done — results > Powerpoints
- You love to learn. If you geek out over tech and design after hours, you’ll fit right in
- You don’t take yourself too seriously — save your blazer for your cousin’s wedding
- You like to get your hands dirty — good leadership means rolling up your sleeves
Pay & Benefits
We provide a competitive compensation and benefits package. Due to the coronavirus, our team is remaining remote through the summer of 2021, and it is currently optional to go into our Austin office.
When at the office, you’ll be equipped with a standing desk, a monitor, and any other tech you need to feel productive. Oh, and you can bring your dog to work. We love your dog :)
In addition, we offer a stocked fridge, any snacks you want, and (once we’re allowed outside again) two all-expenses paid company trips with the team to the local Sheraton — just kidding: last year, we went to an all-inclusive resort in Costa Rica; you can check it out here.
At AppSumo, we treat all of our teammates like adults and trust that when you have something to do, you’ll get it done. If you need to run an errand, hit the gym, or meet a friend for lunch, you’re encouraged to do so. You can work from home as often as you need to, and you’ll have unlimited vacation days to go on adventures. (Everyone says it, but we mean it: We expect you to take time for yourself.)
We’re committed to creating a diverse, supportive, and collaborative working environment — every person we bring onto the team helps cultivate a culture that we’re proud of.
Up for the challenge? Let’s do this :)