NOTE: Candidates must be US citizens/Permanent Residents located in NY, CA, WA or TX or be willing to relocate
Paid Ads Manager
Who Is AppSumo
AppSumo is the tech powerhouse you’ve probably never heard of. We’ve helped launch MailChimp, Evernote, and Dropbox (to name a few) — over 1,500 startups have come through our doors and become household names in software. (Learn more about us here!)
Our motto? The tools you need to run your business shouldn’t put you out of business. And we’re committed to bringing our community the absolute best deals on software. With thousands of successful product launches and over a million entrepreneurs served, we’re looking to take AppSumo to the next level.
That’s where you, the Paid Ads Manager, come in.
About This Role
This job is all about pushing AppSumo’s brand to new heights through paid ads campaigns. We’ve got major growth targets to hit in 2021 and a critical part of our success depends on you! In this role, you’ll continually build, test, and tweak social and search marketing campaigns to maximize their results. Your responsibilities will combine strategy with execution to drive customer acquisition. If you’re into experimental design, unlocking analytics, and hacking growth, you’re the kind of person we want to talk to!
On the day-to-day, you’ll be:
- Managing all aspects of AppSumo’s paid marketing channels across paid search, paid social, and more
- Monitoring and optimizing campaigns to hit clearly defined monthly targets
- Creating performance reports on paid ads campaigns for key metrics like conversions, customer acquisition costs, revenue, and lifetime value of customers brought in from paid channels
- Constantly looking for new opportunities for growth and testing new channels
- Working alongside our content and design teams to create engaging, on-brand content for ads
This is a unique role that requires a balance between strategy and execution, along with a creative, growth-minded focus. Our ideal candidate has:
- At least 2+ years of experience managing paid campaigns, ideally in the SaaS/tech space with $50K+/month budgets
- A deep understanding of the e-commerce funnel and its real-world applications
- Analytical mindset with the ability to work with large data sets and pull out actionable business insights from paid ads metrics
- A foundational knowledge of digital marketing
- The ability to work collaboratively with content specialists in a fast-paced and changing environment
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
In the first three months of this role, success means hitting $25,000 in net new revenue generated or saved from more efficient spending during this timeframe.
Every company is unique, and we want to make sure we’re a good fit for you. Here’s the kind of teammate we’re looking for:
- You’re resourceful and seek creative solutions when faced with obstacles
- You get sh*t done—results > Powerpoints
- You love to learn. If you geek out over tech and design after hours, you’ll fit right in
- You don’t take yourself too seriously—save your blazer for your cousin’s wedding
- You like to get your hands dirty—good leadership means rolling up your sleeves
Pay & Benefits
We provide a competitive compensation and benefits package. Due to the coronavirus, our team is remaining remote through the summer of 2021, and it is currently optional to go into our Austin office.
When at the office, you’ll be equipped with a standing desk, a monitor, and any other tech you need to feel productive. Oh, and you can bring your dog to work. We love your dog :)
In addition, we offer a stocked fridge, any snacks you want, and (once we’re allowed outside again) two all-expenses paid company trips with the team to the local Sheraton—just kidding: last year, we went to an all-inclusive resort in Costa Rica; you can check it out here.
At AppSumo, we treat all of our teammates like adults and trust that when you have something to do, you’ll get it done. If you need to run an errand, hit the gym, or meet a friend for lunch, you’re encouraged to do so. You can work from home as often as you need to, and you’ll have unlimited vacation days to go on adventures. (Everyone says it, but we mean it: We expect you to take time for yourself.)
We’re committed to creating a diverse, supportive, and collaborative working environment—every person we bring onto the team helps cultivate a culture that we’re proud of.
Up for the challenge? Let’s do this :)