NOTE: While this role is remote, we strongly prefer candidates based out of Austin
Who Is AppSumo
AppSumo is the tech powerhouse you’ve probably never heard of. We’ve helped launch MailChimp, Evernote, and Dropbox (to name a few) — over 1,500 startups have come through our doors and become household names in software. (Learn more about us here!)
Our motto? The tools you need to run your business shouldn’t put you out of business. And we’re committed to bringing our community the absolute best deals on software. With thousands of successful product launches and over a million entrepreneurs served, we’re looking to take AppSumo to the next level.
That’s where you, the Product Designer comes in.
About This Role
This job is all about owning the design process from beginning to end, leading user-centric prototyping with a clear strategy for action. In this role, you’ll combine UX thinking with design execution to produce modern and intuitive user interfaces. If you walk through life constantly thinking about visual hierarchy and how what you see impacts what you do, you’re the kind of nerd we want to talk to!
On the day to day, you’ll be:
- Working alongside our engineering and product management teams to improve user experience for our Sumo-lings (our pet name for our awesome customers)
- Designing new features, flows, and products from the ground up for our ecommerce platform
- Conducting user persona studies, designing information architecture, and building the resulting sitemaps, prototypes, and wireframes
- Collaborating with the content, sales, and marketing teams to understand the top priorities and design creative solutions we’re all excited about
This is a unique role that requires strong visual design, technical UX skills matched with out of the box thinking, attention to detail, organization, and leadership. Our ideal candidate has:
- At least 5+ years in UI/UX design, specifically geared towards web applications, ecommerce products, and/or SaaS
- Experience managing and hiring a design team
- Deep understanding and familiarity with the ecommerce funnel
- A user-centric mindset with a passion for innovative design-thinking
- Hyper attention to detail
In the first three months of this role, success means leading and maturing our design process with clear steps to action while delivering compelling solutions to our senior leadership.
Who Thrives at AppSumo
Every company is unique, and we want to make sure we’re a good fit for you. Here’s who we’re looking for:
- You’re resourceful and seek creative solutions when faced with obstacles
- You get sh*t done — results > Powerpoints
- You love to learn. If you geek out over tech and design after hours, you’ll fit right in
- You don’t take yourself too seriously — save your blazer for your cousin’s Bar Mitzvah
- You like to get your hands dirty — good leadership means rolling up your sleeves
Pay & Benefits
We provide a competitive compensation and benefits package. Due to the coronavirus, our team is remaining remote through the summer of 2021, and it is currently optional to go into our Austin office.
When at the office, you’ll be equipped with a standing desk, a monitor, and any other tech you need to feel productive. Oh, and you can bring your dog to work. We love your dog :)
In addition, we offer a stocked fridge, any snacks you want, and (once we’re allowed outside again) two all-expenses paid company trips with the team to the local Sheraton — just kidding: last year, we went to an all-inclusive resort in Costa Rica; you can check it out here.
At AppSumo, we treat all of our teammates like adults and trust that when you have something to do, you’ll get it done. If you need to run an errand, hit the gym, or meet a friend for lunch, you’re encouraged to do so. You can work from home as often as you need to, and you’ll have unlimited vacation days to go on adventures. (Everyone says it, but we mean it: We expect you to take time for yourself.)
We’re committed to creating a diverse, supportive, and collaborative working environment — every person we bring onto the team helps cultivate a culture that we’re proud of.
Up for the challenge? Let’s do this :)