NOTE: Candidates must be US citizens/Permanent Residents and located in NY, CA, WA or TX or be willing to relocate
Affiliate Support Specialist
Who Is AppSumo
AppSumo is the tech powerhouse you’ve probably never heard of. We’ve helped launch MailChimp, Evernote, and Dropbox (to name a few) — over 1,500 startups have come through our doors and become household names in software. (Learn more about us here!)
Our motto? The tools you need to run your business shouldn’t put you out of business. And we’re committed to bringing our community the absolute best deals on software. With thousands of successful product launches and over a million entrepreneurs served, we’re looking to take AppSumo to the next level.
That’s where you, the Affiliate Support Specialist, come in.
About This Role
This job is all about supporting our booming affiliate program by managing communications with affiliates, drafting impactful email sequences, and building relationships with our top partners. If you’re a highly organized data wonk who loves bridging gaps in communication, then let’s find time to chat!
On the day-to-day, you’ll be:
- Working alongside our affiliate managers as well as our marketing and content teams to improve our affiliate experience
- Responding to and managing all affiliate support tickets through HelpScout
- Conducting account audits and compliance checks for our affiliates
- Designing new workflows and email campaigns to keep our affiliates engaged and attract new influencers to the program
- Building target influencer lists for program recruitment, managing outreach campaigns, and helping vet affiliate applications
- Assisting with ad creative and resource management
This is a unique role that requires strong written and verbal communication skills, a focus on creative problem solving, and a service-oriented background. If you’re looking to move into a more tactical, customer service role with an element of strategic overview, you’re in luck. Our ideal candidate has:
- A rich background in customer service
- Previous experience or degree in digital marketing
- Clear and concise communication skills
- Experience in research, data organization, and project management
- Familiarity with Excel or Google Sheets
In the first three months of this role, success means building a robust pipeline of influencers to join our affiliate program while reducing the number of affiliate-related tickets sent to customer support.
Every company is unique, and we want to make sure we’re a good fit for you. Here’s the kind of teammate we’re looking for:
- You’re resourceful and seek creative solutions when faced with obstacles
- You get sh*t done — results > Powerpoints
- You love to learn. If you geek out over tech and design after hours, you’ll fit right in
- You don’t take yourself too seriously — save your blazer for your cousin’s wedding
- You like to get your hands dirty — good leadership means rolling up your sleeves
Pay & Benefits
We provide a competitive compensation and benefits package. Due to the coronavirus, our team is remaining remote through summer of 2021, and it is currently optional to go into our Austin office.
When at the office, you’ll be equipped with a standing desk, a monitor, and any other tech you need to feel productive. Oh, and you can bring your dog to work. We love your dog :)
In addition, we offer a stocked fridge, any snacks you want, and (once we’re allowed outside again) two all-expenses paid company trips with the team to the local Sheraton — just kidding: last year, we went to an all-inclusive resort in Costa Rica; you can check it out here.
At AppSumo, we treat all of our teammates like adults and trust that when you have something to do, you’ll get it done. If you need to run an errand, hit the gym, or meet a friend for lunch, you’re encouraged to do so. You can work from home as often as you need to, and you’ll have unlimited vacation days to go on adventures. (Everyone says it, but we mean it: We expect you to take time for yourself.)
We’re committed to creating a diverse, supportive, and collaborative working environment — every person we bring onto the team helps cultivate a culture that we’re proud of.
Up for the challenge? Let’s do this :)