NOTE: Candidates must be US citizens/Permanent Residents and located in NY, CA, WA or TX or be willing to relocate
Graphic Designer, Email Marketing
Who Is AppSumo
AppSumo is the tech powerhouse you’ve probably never heard of. We’ve helped launch MailChimp, Evernote, and Dropbox (to name a few) — over 1,500 startups have come through our doors and become household names in software. (Learn more about us here!)
Our motto? The tools you need to run your business shouldn’t put you out of business. And we’re committed to bringing our community the absolute best deals on software. With thousands of successful product launches and over a million entrepreneurs served, we’re looking to take AppSumo to the next level.
That’s where you, the Graphic Designer for Email Marketing, come in.
About This Role
This job is all about owning the visual evolution of our email marketing and translating marketing concepts for the AppSumo brand into a functional, customer-centric experience. As part of our creative team, you’ll partner with marketers and leadership to define and grow our brand vision for email. On the day-to-day, you’ll be:
- Working alongside our content and marketing teams to improve our email user experience
- Designing eye-catching email layouts that increase engagement, click-through rates, and sales for our e-commerce platform
- A steward of our brand standards: producing email design and marketing assets that are consistent with our style and highly effective
- Working collaboratively with internal stakeholders to understand business goals and contribute creative solutions that drive our growth
- Owning the entire creative process, turning ideas into fully functional emails to engage an email list of over 1 million users
This is a unique role that requires strong visual design proficiency, clear communication skills, and hyper-attention to detail. Our ideal candidate has:
- At least 3+ years in graphic design, specifically geared towards web applications, ecommerce products, and/or SaaS
- Expertise in Photoshop, Figma, XD, and Sketch
- Experience using email marketing platforms such as Klaviyo or Mailchimp
- Knowledge of conversion design, animation, or HTML/CSS
In the first three months of this role, success means designing and executing all of our email marketing assets and maturing our email design process.
Every company is unique, and we want to make sure we’re a good fit for you. Here’s the kind of teammate we’re looking for:
- You’re resourceful and seek creative solutions when faced with obstacles
- You get sh*t done — results > Powerpoints
- You love to learn. If you geek out over tech and design after hours, you’ll fit right in
- You don’t take yourself too seriously — save your blazer for your cousin’s wedding
- You like to get your hands dirty — good leadership means rolling up your sleeves
Pay & Benefits
We provide a competitive compensation and benefits package. Due to the coronavirus, our team is remaining remote through summer of 2021, and it is currently optional to go into our Austin office.
When at the office, you’ll be equipped with a standing desk, a monitor, and any other tech you need to feel productive. Oh, and you can bring your dog to work. We love your dog :)
In addition, we offer a stocked fridge, any snacks you want, and (once we’re allowed outside again) two all-expenses paid company trips with the team to the local Sheraton — just kidding: last year, we went to an all-inclusive resort in Costa Rica; you can check it out here.
At AppSumo, we treat all of our teammates like adults and trust that when you have something to do, you’ll get it done. If you need to run an errand, hit the gym, or meet a friend for lunch, you’re encouraged to do so. You can work from home as often as you need to, and you’ll have unlimited vacation days to go on adventures. (Everyone says it, but we mean it: We expect you to take time for yourself.)
We’re committed to creating a diverse, supportive, and collaborative working environment — every person we bring onto the team helps cultivate a culture that we’re proud of.
Up for the challenge? Let’s do this :)