NOTE: Candidates must be US citizens/Permanent Residents and located in NY, CA, WA or TX or be willing to relocate
Who Is AppSumo
AppSumo is the tech powerhouse you’ve probably never heard of. We’ve helped launch MailChimp, Evernote, and Dropbox (to name a few) — over 1,500 startups have come through our doors and become household names in software. (Learn more about us here!)
Our motto? The tools you need to run your business shouldn’t put you out of business. And we’re committed to bringing our community the absolute best deals on software. With thousands of successful product launches and over a million entrepreneurs served, we’re looking to take AppSumo to the next level.
That’s where you, the Staff Accountant, come in.
About This Role
This job is for the number-loving self-starter who thrives in fast-paced, ever-changing environments. At a high level, you’ll provide daily operational support to the organization by building scalable, reliable accounting processes and conducting financial reporting for the leadership team. If you’re highly motivated, detail-oriented, analytical, and unafraid to roll up your sleeves, you’re just the kind of finance nerd we want to talk to!
On the day-to-day, you’ll be:
- Helping with monthly, quarterly, and annual close activities, such as preparation of journal entries, account reconciliations, and reporting across multiple sectors of the business
- Managing Accounts Payable, including invoice posting and approval tracking
- Handling weekly cash receipts and conducting bank and credit card reconciliations
- Responding to incoming emails through multiple inboxes
- Coordinating with cross-functional partners to facilitate streamlined accounting processes
- Assisting in the documentation and implementation of internal controls, plus ensuring SOX compliance
- Working directly with the Controller on special projects
This is a unique role that requires excellent organizational and communication skills, along with the ability to identify and improve process inefficiencies. Our ideal candidate has:
- Bachelor's degree in Accounting
- 2+ years experience in an accounting role
- Expertise in Quickbooks and Bill.com, as well as experience with Expensify
- A keen attention to detail and a commitment to accuracy
- Strong quantitative and qualitative analytical skills
- An eye for optimization and process improvement
- The ability to operate both independently and as a part of a team
In the first three months of this role, success means fully owning the accounts payable cycle along with banking and credit card reconciliations, and implementing process improvements for the finance team.
Every company is unique, and we want to make sure we’re a good fit for you. Here’s the kind of teammate we’re looking for:
- You’re resourceful and seek creative solutions when faced with obstacles
- You get sh*t done — results > Powerpoints
- You love to learn. If you geek out over tech and design after hours, you’ll fit right in
- You don’t take yourself too seriously — save your blazer for your cousin’s wedding
- You like to get your hands dirty — good leadership means rolling up your sleeves
Pay & Benefits
We provide a competitive compensation and benefits package. Due to the coronavirus, our team is remaining remote through summer of 2021, and it is currently optional to go into our Austin office.
When at the office, you’ll be equipped with a standing desk, a monitor, and any other tech you need to feel productive. Oh, and you can bring your dog to work. We love your dog :)
In addition, we offer a stocked fridge, any snacks you want, and (once we’re allowed outside again) two all-expenses paid company trips with the team to the local Sheraton — just kidding: last year, we went to an all-inclusive resort in Costa Rica; you can check it out here.
At AppSumo, we treat all of our teammates like adults and trust that when you have something to do, you’ll get it done. If you need to run an errand, hit the gym, or meet a friend for lunch, you’re encouraged to do so. You can work from home as often as you need to, and you’ll have unlimited vacation days to go on adventures. (Everyone says it, but we mean it: We expect you to take time for yourself.)
We’re committed to creating a diverse, supportive, and collaborative working environment — every person we bring onto the team helps cultivate a culture that we’re proud of.
Up for the challenge? Let’s do this :)