NOTE: Candidates must be US citizens/Permanent Residents and located in NY, CA, WA or TX or be willing to relocate
Who Is AppSumo
AppSumo is the tech powerhouse you’ve probably never heard of. We’ve helped launch MailChimp, Evernote, and Dropbox (to name a few) — over 1,500 startups have come through our doors and become household names in software. (Learn more about us here!)
Our motto? The tools you need to run your business shouldn’t put you out of business. And we’re committed to bringing our community the absolute best deals on software. With thousands of successful product launches and over a million entrepreneurs served, we’re looking to take AppSumo to the next level.
That’s where you, the Project Manager, come in.
About This Role
This job is all about taking ownership of the product development process and project managing the heck out of it. From ideation to kickoff, you’ll manage the development of product features, while coordinating deadlines and deliverables. This role will position you alongside our product, design, and engineering teams to get features across the finish line. We’re looking for that magic ingredient that energizes our team to meet its ambitious goals.
On the day-to-day, you’ll be:
- Managing our product development through Jira by defining and creating a detailed schedule to promote efficiency
- Working cross-functionally to coordinate deadlines and deliverables
- Providing status updates to leadership and different stakeholders
- Driving communications with product management, engineering, and other internal teams to keep the team on track by reviewing key milestones and escalating as needed
- Constantly assessing project velocity, quality, and expectations in order to deliver high-quality work on time
This is a unique role that requires impeccable communication, organization, and leadership skills. Our ideal candidate has:
- 5+ years of experience managing technical projects or working directly with engineers
- The ability to break complex concepts down into simple and actionable tasks
- Teamwork on the mind: You're a born collaborator and maximize the perspectives of your teammates
- Leadership that inspires your colleagues, as well as the ability to forge strong relationships
- Familiarity with project management and documentation software, such as Jira, Atlassian and Confluence, and experience in a scrum and agile environment
In the first three months of this role, success means leading and evolving the product delivery process and bringing fully-realized projects to our stakeholders.
Every company is unique, and we want to make sure we’re a good fit for you. Here’s the kind of teammate we’re looking for:
- You’re resourceful and seek creative solutions when faced with obstacles
- You get sh*t done — results > Powerpoints
- You love to learn. If you geek out over tech and design after hours, you’ll fit right in
- You don’t take yourself too seriously — save your blazer for your cousin’s wedding
- You like to get your hands dirty — good leadership means rolling up your sleeves
Pay & Benefits
We provide a competitive compensation and benefits package. Due to the coronavirus, our team is remaining remote through the summer of 2021, and it is currently optional to go into our Austin office.
When at the office, you’ll be equipped with a standing desk, a monitor, and any other tech you need to feel productive. Oh, and you can bring your dog to work. We love your dog :)
In addition, we offer a stocked fridge, any snacks you want, and (once we’re allowed outside again) two all-expenses paid company trips with the team to the local Sheraton — just kidding: last year, we went to an all-inclusive resort in Costa Rica; you can check it out here.
At AppSumo, we treat all of our teammates like adults and trust that when you have something to do, you’ll get it done. If you need to run an errand, hit the gym, or meet a friend for lunch, you’re encouraged to do so. You can work from home as often as you need to, and you’ll have unlimited vacation days to go on adventures. (Everyone says it, but we mean it: We expect you to take time for yourself.)
We’re committed to creating a diverse, supportive, and collaborative working environment — every person we bring onto the team helps cultivate a culture that we’re proud of.
Up for the challenge? Let’s do this :)