NOTE: Candidates must be US citizens/Permanent Residents located in NY, CA, WA or TX or be willing to relocate
Demand Generation Specialist
Who Is AppSumo
AppSumo is the tech powerhouse you’ve probably never heard of. We’ve helped launch MailChimp, Evernote, and Dropbox (to name a few) — over 1,500 startups have come through our doors and become household names in software. (Learn more about us here!)
Our motto? The tools you need to run your business shouldn’t put you out of business. And we’re committed to bringing our community the absolute best deals on software. With thousands of successful product launches and over a million entrepreneurs served, we’re looking to take AppSumo to the next level.
That’s where you, the Demand Generation Specialist comes in.
About This Role
This job is focused on owning our entire lead generation process. You’ll act as a catalyst to our growth by capturing new emails through giveaways, e-books, landing pages, and just about any other ideas you can come up with. If you’re a curious problem-solver with ideas to spare, then this role is for you. It’s designed for someone with a strong marketing background who can create and implement ideas to get people in the door. If you’re a goal digging writer with a digital marketing background we want to talk to you!
On the day to day, you’ll be:
- Working on innovative email capture techniques like content lead magnets, giveaways, webinars, pop ups and more
- Creating landing pages and funnels to get new people get on our email list
- A/B testing, trialing, and experimenting at every turn in order to increase growth across our platform
- Managing our viral promotions to increase engagement across the platform
This is a unique role that requires a growth-hacker mindset, driven by innovation in the digital marketing space. Our ideal candidate has:
- 3+ years of experience working for a SaaS, ecommerce, or tech company in digital marketing or promotions role
- Creativity - is a human idea-generator with a bias towards action
- Experience with SEO, paid ads, creating, and managing lead magnets
- Familiarity with the marketing funnel and customer acquisition process
- A great eye for content and a sixth sense for knowing what people want to see
In the first three months of this role, success is growing our top of funnel through high-quality lead generation in order to help AppSumo chase their next big goal.
Who Thrives at AppSumo
Every company is unique, and we want to make sure we’re a good fit for you. Here’s who we’re looking for:
- You’re resourceful and seek creative solutions when faced with obstacles
- You get sh*t done — results > Powerpoints
- You love to learn. If you geek out over tech and design after hours, you’ll fit right in
- You don’t take yourself too seriously — save your blazer for your cousin’s wedding
- You like to get your hands dirty — good leadership means rolling up your sleeves
Pay & Benefits
We provide a competitive compensation and benefits package. Due to the coronavirus, our team is remaining remote through the end of 2020, and it is currently optional to go into our Austin office.
When at the office, you’ll be equipped with a standing desk, a monitor, and any other tech you need to feel productive. Oh, and you can bring your dog to work. We love your dog :)
In addition, we offer a stocked fridge, any snacks you want, and (once we’re allowed outside again) two all-expenses paid company trips with the team to the local Sheraton — just kidding: last year, we went to an all-inclusive resort in Costa Rica; you can check it out here.
At AppSumo, we treat all of our teammates like adults and trust that when you have something to do, you’ll get it done. If you need to run an errand, hit the gym, or meet a friend for lunch, you’re encouraged to do so. You can work from home as often as you need to, and you’ll have unlimited vacation days to go on adventures. (Everyone says it, but we mean it: We expect you to take time for yourself.)
We’re committed to creating a diverse, supportive, and collaborative working environment — every person we bring onto the team helps cultivate a culture that we’re proud of.
Up for the challenge? Let’s do this :)