NOTE: Candidates must be US citizens/Permanent Residents and located in NY, CA, or TX or be willing to relocate
Lead QA Engineer
Who Is AppSumo
AppSumo is the tech powerhouse you’ve probably never heard of. We’ve helped launch MailChimp, Evernote, and Dropbox (to name a few) — over 1,500 startups have come through our doors and become household names in software. (Learn more about us here!)
Our motto? The tools you need to run your business shouldn’t put you out of business. And we’re committed to bringing our community the absolute best deals on software. With thousands of successful product launches and over a million entrepreneurs served, we’re looking to take AppSumo to the next level.
That’s where you, the Lead QA Engineer, come in.
About This Role
This job is all about advocating for quality and striving to bring the best user experience to the AppSumo platform. In this role, you will own our testing processes to maintain a high level of code. You’ll be writing test plans, reporting errors, and monitoring platform metrics. If you love breaking things, learning the tech behind them, and building them better, you’re exactly the kind of nerd we want to talk to!
On the day-to-day, you’ll be:
- Testing new product features and enhancements
- Performing exploratory testing and regression testing to safeguard against the collapse of existing features
- Working on a strategic level to create test plans and processes, and then working on a tactical level to help execute
- Collaborating with SMEs on feature testing
- Measuring and monitoring platform metrics, such as response time, status codes, and exceptions within the code
This is a unique role that requires strong communication skills and the ability to work well with others in order to achieve and maintain our strict standard of quality. Through this hands-on role, you’ll have the potential to lead a team in the near future. Our ideal candidate has:
- At least 5+ years of experience testing products and features
- Experience working within a CI/CD environment
- The ability to present defects to an Engineer in a clear manner
- Familiarity with web services and engineering dashboards
- Knowledge of Python (or other programming/scripting languages) for automation or experience working with automated tests
- A strong grasp of a variety of interfaces, including REST APIs, SQL, and web browser dev tools
- A passion for shaping the internal QA process: outlining test plans, writing and maintaining test cases, executing tests, and providing feedback and approval for releases
- A keen eye for process improvement
In the first three months of this role, success means leading and maturing our testing process to deliver a high-quality product to our customers.
Every company is unique, and we want to make sure we’re a good fit for you. Here’s the kind of teammate we’re looking for:
- You’re resourceful and seek creative solutions when faced with obstacles
- You get sh*t done — results > Powerpoints
- You love to learn. If you geek out over tech and design after hours, you’ll fit right in
- You don’t take yourself too seriously — save your blazer for your cousin’s wedding
- You like to get your hands dirty — good leadership means rolling up your sleeves
Pay & Benefits
We provide a competitive compensation and benefits package. Due to the coronavirus, our team is remaining remote through the end of 2020, and it is currently optional to go into our Austin office.
When at the office, you’ll be equipped with a standing desk, a monitor, and any other tech you need to feel productive. Oh, and you can bring your dog to work. We love your dog :)
In addition, we offer a stocked fridge, any snacks you want, and (once we’re allowed outside again) two all-expenses paid company trips with the team to the local Sheraton — just kidding: last year, we went to an all-inclusive resort in Costa Rica; you can check it out here.
At AppSumo, we treat all of our teammates like adults and trust that when you have something to do, you’ll get it done. If you need to run an errand, hit the gym, or meet a friend for lunch, you’re encouraged to do so. You can work from home as often as you need to, and you’ll have unlimited vacation days to go on adventures. (Everyone says it, but we mean it: We expect you to take time for yourself.)
We’re committed to creating a diverse, supportive, and collaborative working environment — every person we bring onto the team helps cultivate a culture that we’re proud of.
Up for the challenge? Let’s do this :)