NOTE: Candidates must be US citizens/Permanent Residents located in NY, CA, or TX or be willing to relocate
Who Is AppSumo
AppSumo is the tech powerhouse you’ve probably never heard of. We’ve helped launch MailChimp, Evernote, and Dropbox (to name a few) — over 1,500 startups have come through our doors and become household names in software. (Learn more about us here!)
Our motto? The tools you need to run your business shouldn’t put you out of business. And we’re committed to bringing our community the absolute best deals on software. With thousands of successful product launches and over a million entrepreneurs served, we’re looking to take AppSumo to the next level.
That’s where you, the Account Executive comes in.
About This Role
This job is designed for the driven and highly motivated. It’s all about hunting down the next million dollar deal, closing key opportunities, and communicating a clear vision to our potential partners. In this role, you will work alongside our sales leadership to create lasting change for our partners. You’ll act as the VC, CEO, and CMO all rolled into one, consulting with partners on how to relaunch their v2.0 onto AppSumo for the greatest impact on their business. You’re in charge of finding the next big software opportunity for us to partner with.
On the day-to-day, you’ll be:
- Prospecting and closing deals over phone, email, and video
- Negotiating and structuring complex deals
- Vetting leads to ensure that AppSumo maintains its high bar for products
- Cultivating long-term relationships with partners
- Consulting with potential partners on how to successfully launch on AppSumo
This is a unique role that requires creative problem solving, a consultative approach, and the drive to find the next big thing. Our ideal candidate has:
- At least 2+ years as an AE or similar role closing deals in the Saas, PaaS, and/or enterprise software space
- A knack for effective negotiation
- An understanding of the full sales cycle — prospecting, lead generation, vetting, and closing
- Experience running email campaigns and strategic outreach
- Familiarity with SEO tools and building websites through WordPress
In the first three months of this role, success means closing at least two deals and building a pipeline worth over a million dollars.
Who Thrives at AppSumo
Every company is unique, and we want to make sure we’re a good fit for you. Here’s the kind of teammate we’re looking for:
- You’re resourceful and seek creative solutions when faced with obstacles
- You get sh*t done — results > Powerpoints
- You love to learn. If you geek out over tech and design after hours, you’ll fit right in
- You don’t take yourself too seriously — save your blazer for your cousin’s wedding
- You like to get your hands dirty — good leadership means rolling up your sleeves
Pay & Benefits
We provide a competitive compensation and benefits package. Due to the coronavirus, our team is remaining remote through the end of 2020, and it is currently optional to go into our Austin office.
When at the office, you’ll be equipped with a standing desk, a monitor, and any other tech you need to feel productive. Oh, and you can bring your dog to work. We love your dog :)
In addition, we offer a stocked fridge, any snacks you want, and (once we’re allowed outside again) two all-expenses paid company trips with the team to the local Sheraton — just kidding: last year, we went to an all-inclusive resort in Costa Rica; you can check it out here.
At AppSumo, we treat all of our teammates like adults and trust that when you have something to do, you’ll get it done. If you need to run an errand, hit the gym, or meet a friend for lunch, you’re encouraged to do so. You can work from home as often as you need to, and you’ll have unlimited vacation days to go on adventures. (Everyone says it, but we mean it: We expect you to take time for yourself.)
We’re committed to creating a diverse, supportive, and collaborative working environment — every person we bring onto the team helps cultivate a culture that we’re proud of.
Up for the challenge? Let’s do this :)