NOTE: Candidates must be located in NY, CA, TX or WA or willing to relocate
Subscriptions Marketing Manager
Who Is AppSumo
AppSumo is the tech powerhouse you’ve probably never heard of. We’ve helped launch MailChimp, Evernote, and Dropbox (to name a few) — over 1,500 startups have come through our doors and become household names in software. (Learn more about us here!)
Our motto? The tools you need to run your business shouldn’t put you out of business. And we’re committed to bringing our community the absolute best deals on software. With thousands of successful product launches and over a million entrepreneurs served, we’re looking to take AppSumo to the next level.
That’s where you, the Subscriptions Marketing Manager, come in.
About This Role
AppSumo launched its first subscription rewards program, AppSumo Plus, in 2018. Now, with over 6,000 members, we’re looking for a master of subscription management to take the reins and scale this program to 7-figures and beyond. At its core, this job will focus on the growth and management of the entire program. If you have growth hacking in your blood, use data to drive decision making, and know how to hustle to reach objectives, then you’re the person we want to talk to!
On the day-to-day, you’ll be:
- Developing & executing marketing initiatives to drive new membership growth
- Building strategic partner relationships to add value to the program
- Working with our engineering team to identify on-site opportunities to increase exposure
- Owning the metrics dashboard to track growth and overall health of the program
- Creating relationships with program members to research & uncover opportunities and potential threats
This is a unique role that requires out-of-the-box thinking, grounded in data. Our ideal candidate has experience:
- Driving growth through launches and program development (3-5 years)
- Running loyalty and/or subscription programs
- Copywriting, running digital ads, creating marketing funnels, and driving new leads
- Building external partner relationships
- Understanding and interpreting SaaS metrics & analytics dashboards (we use ProfitWell & Metabase)
In the first three months of this role, success means taking leadership over the subscription businesses as well as developing and executing a growth strategy.
Who Thrives at AppSumo
Every company is unique, and we want to make sure we’re a good fit for you. Here’s who we’re looking for:
- You’re resourceful and seek creative solutions when faced with obstacles
- You get sh*t done — results > Powerpoints
- You love to learn. If you geek out over tech and design after hours, you’ll fit right in
- You don’t take yourself too seriously — save your blazer for your cousin’s wedding
- You like to get your hands dirty — good leadership means rolling up your sleeves
Pay & Benefits
We provide a competitive compensation and benefits package. Due to the coronavirus, our team is remaining remote through the end of 2020, and it is currently optional to go into our Austin office.
When at the office, you’ll be equipped with a standing desk, a monitor, and any other tech you need to feel productive. Oh, and you can bring your dog to work. We love your dog :)
In addition, we offer a stocked fridge, any snacks you want, and (once we’re allowed outside again) two all-expenses paid company trips with the team to the local Sheraton — just kidding: last year, we went to an all-inclusive resort in Costa Rica; you can check it out here.
At AppSumo, we treat all of our teammates like adults and trust that when you have something to do, you’ll get it done. If you need to run an errand, hit the gym, or meet a friend for lunch, you’re encouraged to do so. You can work from home as often as you need to, and you’ll have unlimited vacation days to go on adventures. (Everyone says it, but we mean it: We expect you to take time for yourself.)
We’re committed to creating a diverse, supportive, and collaborative working environment — every person we bring onto the team helps cultivate a culture that we’re proud of.
Up for the challenge? Let’s do this :)