Junior Affiliate Account Manager
Who Is AppSumo
AppSumo is the tech powerhouse you’ve probably never heard of. We’ve helped launch MailChimp, Evernote, and Dropbox (to name a few) — over 1,500 startups have come through our doors and become household names in software. (Learn more about us here!)
Our motto? The tools you need to run your business shouldn’t put you out of business. And we’re committed to bringing our community the absolute best deals on software. With thousands of successful product launches and over a million entrepreneurs served, we’re looking to take AppSumo to the next level.
That’s where you, the Junior Affiliate Account Manager comes in.
About This Role
This job is all about ensuring that our affiliate partners have a seamless AppSumo experience. If you’re a super organized people-person with excellent communication skills, then this role is for you. It’s designed for someone that thrives in ambiguity, loves to take ownership of projects and is excited to work with our affiliate partners to grow their businesses. Tech-savvy go-getters, who can build relationships through emails and personalized check-ins, we want to talk to you!
On the day to day, you’ll be:
- Vetting and recruiting affiliates to join our network of influencers
- Running outbound email campaigns to nurture, grow, and re-engage accounts
- Providing support to our affiliates through tools like Helpscout and MixMax
- Managing affiliate housekeeping and maintenance in our CRM
- Project managing marketing partnerships
This is a unique role that requires organization, organization, and more organization - that, along with a can-do attitude and a willingness to jump on projects without every step defined. Our ideal candidate has:
- 1-2 years of experience working for a SaaS, ecommerce, or tech company in a project or account management type of role
- Impeccable written and verbal communication skills
- Experience with Excel spreadsheets, reporting and formulas
- The ability to prioritize and pay attention to details under pressure
- Experience running email campaigns and nurturing long term relationships
In the first three months of this role, success means owning our affiliate recruiting process, managing outreach email campaigns, and coming up with creative solutions to help grow our affiliate network.
Who Thrives at AppSumo
Every company is unique, and we want to make sure we’re a good fit for you. Here’s who we’re looking for:
- You’re resourceful and seek creative solutions when faced with obstacles
- You get sh*t done — results > Powerpoints
- You love to learn. If you geek out over tech and design after hours, you’ll fit right in
- You don’t take yourself too seriously — save your blazer for your cousin’s wedding
- You like to get your hands dirty — good leadership means rolling up your sleeves
Pay & Benefits
We provide a competitive compensation and benefits package. Due to the coronavirus, our team is remaining remote through the end of 2020, and it is currently optional to go into our Austin office.
When at the office, you’ll be equipped with a standing desk, a monitor, and any other tech you need to feel productive. Oh, and you can bring your dog to work. We love your dog :)
In addition, we offer a stocked fridge, any snacks you want, and (once we’re allowed outside again) two all-expenses paid company trips with the team to the local Sheraton — just kidding: last year, we went to an all-inclusive resort in Costa Rica; you can check it out here.
At AppSumo, we treat all of our teammates like adults and trust that when you have something to do, you’ll get it done. If you need to run an errand, hit the gym, or meet a friend for lunch, you’re encouraged to do so. You can work from home as often as you need to, and you’ll have unlimited vacation days to go on adventures. (Everyone says it, but we mean it: We expect you to take time for yourself.)
We’re committed to creating a diverse, supportive, and collaborative working environment — every person we bring onto the team helps cultivate a culture that we’re proud of.
Up for the challenge? Let’s do this :)