Front End Engineer
Who Is AppSumo
AppSumo is the tech powerhouse you’ve probably never heard of. We’ve helped launch MailChimp, Evernote, and Dropbox (to name a few) — over 1,500 startups have come through our doors and become household names in software. (Learn more about us here!)
Our motto? The tools you need to run your business shouldn’t put you out of business. And we’re committed to bringing our community the absolute best deals on software. With thousands of successful product launches and over a million entrepreneurs served, we’re looking to take AppSumo to the next level.
That’s where you, the Front End Engineer comes in.
About This Role
This job is about taking AppSumo to the next phase of its development and helping turn the engineering department into a strong FE shop. You have an eye for design and excellent attention to detail, prioritizing efficient, enjoyable user experiences. In this role, you’ll use your web dev and frontend engineer skills to ensure that AppSumo’s components and the overall application are robust, scalable, and easy to maintain.
On the day to day, you’ll be:
- Building and maintaining clean, modern designs, and translating them into high-quality code
- Supporting, enhancing, and scaling application features
- Working with our design and engineering teams to bridge the gap between graphic design and technical implementation, defining both how the application looks and works
- Testing and monitoring the frontend application suite for stability and user impact
- Working on the migration from Django to Vue.js
This is a unique role that requires an expert troubleshooter and powerful builder. Our ideal candidate has:
- At least 3+ years of frontend engineering experience
- A collaborative problem solving process, with a focus on intelligent design and quality products
In the first three months of the role, success means diving into the code, helping to finish AppSumo’s migration to Vue.js and consolidating CSS for optimization and maintenance.
Who Thrives at AppSumo
Every company is unique, and we want to make sure we’re a good fit for you. Here’s who we’re looking for:
- You’re resourceful and seek creative solutions when faced with obstacles
- You get sh*t done — results > Powerpoints
- You love to learn. If you geek out over tech and design after hours, you’ll fit right in
- You don’t take yourself too seriously — no need to dress up
- You like to get your hands dirty — good leadership means rolling up your sleeves
Pay & Benefits
We provide a competitive compensation and benefits package. Due to the coronavirus, our team is remaining remote through the end of 2020, and it is currently optional to go into our Austin office.
When at the office, you’ll be equipped with a standing desk, a monitor, and any other tech you need to feel productive. Oh, and you can bring your dog to work. We love your dog :)
In addition, we offer a stocked fridge, any snacks you want, and (once we’re allowed outside again) two all-expenses paid company trips with the team to the local Sheraton — just kidding: last year, we went to an all-inclusive resort in Costa Rica; you can check it out here.
At AppSumo, we treat all of our teammates like adults and trust that when you have something to do, you’ll get it done. If you need to run an errand, hit the gym, or meet a friend for lunch, you’re encouraged to do so. You can work from home as often as you need to, and you’ll have unlimited vacation days to go on adventures. (Everyone says it, but we mean it: We expect you to take time for yourself.)
We’re committed to creating a diverse, supportive, and collaborative working environment — every person we bring onto the team helps cultivate a culture that we’re proud of.
Up for the challenge? Let’s do this :)