AppSumo is a deal site for entrepreneurs. Reaching over 1 million customers yearly, we've promoted some the coolest companies on the internet like Evernote, Dropbox, Mailchimp and more and are always on the hunt for the next big thing.
We're looking to grow the company and need you, a customer support guru, to help us get there.
You will be one of the heroes of the AppSumo team. You’ll be talking directly with our Sumo-lings and making sure that they leave every interaction saying, “Holy sh*t, AppSumo is incredible!”. You will also be responsible for assisting the operations team setting up our weekly deals.
This company is not your traditional 9-5. We believe in full flexibility, working on awesome projects, and having fun at work.
You will have the authority to make gut-decisions to make the Sumo-ling exceedingly happy.
With alumni from MIT, Facebook, Microsoft, Google, and successful entrepreneurs, you'll be surrounded by some of the smartest people you've ever played Rocket League with.
Who you are:
- You're familiar with AppSumo and have redeemed a freebie from us before.
- You believe excellent customer support is the foundation of any successful company.
- You're crazy organized and detail oriented. Inbox zero? Inbox negative one.
- You enjoy solving problems.
- You come to the table with customer support experience and can jump in quickly.
- Make sure the last work on your resume says taco.
- You might have a blog or WordPress site of your own. You know how to navigate your way around social media.
- You understand that procedure that makes things foolproof not boring or redundant.
- You can be pithy - do you know what pithy means?
- Killing with kindness is your mantra.
- Helpscout is your homeboy.
- You have nerves of steel to take on criticism but you have a heart that melts ice caps and can warm up the coldest of customers.
- You understand that support isn't about canned responses, it is about being the foundation which your team stands on in order to accomplish great things.
- You enjoy writing and might have a book or two cooped up in your brain somewhere.
- You enjoy wearing multiple hats, you have a next person up mentality.
- You're fun :-)
What's in it for you:
- We pay in the top 5%
- You will be an individual contributor helping shape the future of AppSumo!
- Flexible work hours. Need to run an errand, hit the gym, or travel? We encourage it
- Speaking of travel - we don't track vacation days. Take as many as you need
- Awesome office with unlimited drinks, snacks, and even a fully stocked bar
- Two company trips per year where we go to the local Hilton conference room to synergize our efficiencies. Just kidding. Last trip we went to a mansion in Hawaii, hired a private chef and bartender, and sipped drinks in the infinity pool.
We don't care about your resume - we care about your passion. Good work leaves breadcrumbs on the web. We'd love to see it. If this sounds like something you'd be interested, send us your LinkedIn profile or resume and why you want to work here.
Want extra credit? Complete our customer support exercise by filling out the Google Form as part of your application. We typically send this out as part of our interview process, so get a leg up on the competition by completing it early.
Let's do this :)