AppSumo is a site that helps entrepreneurs and tech startups grow from small businesses to big businesses. Reaching over 1 million customers yearly, we’ve promoted some the coolest companies on the internet like Evernote, Dropbox, Mailchimp, and we are always on the hunt for the next big thing.
We’re growing insanely fast and need a detail-oriented person for a Biz Dev role. This is perfect for you if you’re looking to be a CEO/CFO/CMO one day.
Come work with one of the fastest growing companies in Austin. We’re in the top 1% of all Austin tech companies, have a fun office, and always have plenty of snacks/drinks to fuel your caffeine addiction. Other perks include free lunch every day, massages once a week, and surprise puppy petting parties.
What You’ll Do:
- Managing pre-sales and post-sales operations for 6 figure partnerships
- Develop partner acquisition marketing strategy with the goal of reaching new channels
- Assist the BD Team in identifying prospects to partner with and promote on AppSumo
- Finding the right contact for these prospects and preparing them for a successful sales call
- Keep partners up to date with promotion progress and scheduling
- Liaison between support and BD team
- Monitor industry trends, competing sites, and product news
- Helping our sales team kick major ass
Who You Are:
- You don’t “clock-in”, you show results
- You hustle. Plain and simple. You bring your A game to work every day.
- You’re incredibly metrics driven - if your goal is to find 30 contacts, you deliver 50.
- Proactive & super smart, you love multitasking
- Eager to learn from tech startup founders
- You are a fast learner and love being at the cutting edge of new tech trends.
Who We're Looking For: (The more of these you check off, the better)
- 1+ years experience using SaaS tools or eCommerce platforms
- Experience with project management tools and setting up workflows
- You've built systems & processes from scratch
- You are an amazing researcher and love going down rabbit holes to find gems online
- Following up and keeping partners in check is second nature to you
- You enjoy client management and finding new ways to make outreach more efficient
- Understanding of online sales techniques and outreach/management tools
- Strong negotiation and business development experience
- If you look at our current sales process you'll be itching to make it more efficient
- Tracking Industry trends is your thing
- Eager to get in on the ground floor of a growing department and helping to scale it
What's in it for you:
- You will be an individual contributor helping shape the future of AppSumo!
- Flexible work hours. Need to run an errand, hit the gym, or travel? We encourage it
- Speaking of travel - we don't track vacation days. Take as many as you need
- Awesome office with unlimited drinks, snacks, and even a fully stocked bar
- Two company trips per year where we go to the local Best Western conference room to synergize our efficiencies. Just kidding. Last trip we went to a mansion in Hawaii, hired a private chef and bartender, and sipped drinks in the infinity pool.
If this sounds like something you'd be interested, send us your resume or LinkedIn profile. Let's do this :)