Appscore is a leading product, design and innovation consultancy providing services that help transform and empower businesses. We work with Australia's leading enterprise companies (including NAB, Australia Post, MYOB, Carsales, Fitness First and many more) to provide meaningful contribution and value since 2009 our mission has been to change lives through amazing digital experiences, revolutionize our customer's businesses by creating game-changing technology and drive digital adoption by creating user value in everything we create.
Clients often come to us with requests for things that have never been done before or wanting to innovate how they currently do things. Working for us, you will be challenged to do things you have not done before, working on large scale projects to drive digital transformation for our enterprise clients across a variety of sectors. You will work with emerging technologies and tools that will help further your growth. We are fast-moving, collaboratively and rapidly growing. At Appscore, we get stuff done quickly - there are not loads of red tape that you need to navigate through to be successful in your role.
About the Role :
Proactive application of continuous improvement in software quality in the following areas:
- automated functional testing coverage (towards 100%)
- automated unit testing (error handling, algorithm
- verification, exception case coverage, valid flow coverage)
- automated component based testing including stubs/mocks and driver technologies and frameworks
- automated performance and resource consumption testing both at unit and component levels
- Ensuring code quality meets industry best practices from the following perspectives:
- Optimal usage of language constructs
- Defining and ensuring quality improvements and needs are included in feature / story acceptance criteria
- Driving the incorporation of quality improvements in new and deployed code (via refactoring strategies)
- Monitoring code quality in real-time via the development and display of code quality dashboards incorporated into the existing CI/CD processes
- Managing transition from outsourced manual and/or assisted testing to automated/realtime/hands-off testing
- Monitor and review dedicated testing work done by third parties (the amount of work, timing, output quality expectations etc) within broader vendor contracts and service expectations
- Participate in testing effort estimates and actuals to deliver stories / features
- Drive an Automation led approach for system, SIT and unit testing and contribute to platform integration and performance test
Expert in software development, solution architecture and/or quality engineering experience in multiple environments
- At least 5 +years’ experience in Quality Engineering
- Experience coaching integrated teams including developers to ensure systems are designed for testability.
- Experience in strategic development and implementation of Quality
- Engineering solutions (Automation Frameworks, Performance Validation)
- Proven thought leader & trusted advisor
- Technical acumen in technologies associated with complex and deep integrated systems eg: e2e domain, business logic and technology (framework/service architecture)
- Expert with CI/CD, TDD, BDD
- Expert in Quality Engineering
- APIs, microservices
- Weekly Personal Training/Yoga, free virtual gym classes and discounted gym memberships
- Bi-Monthly activity budgets for every team
- Regular back to base days for all our offsite and remote team members
- Employee Assistance Program with free counselling services, health and will being discounts.
- Personalised training & development programs (We have had team members get new certifications, do toast masters and so much more) and discounts on Udemy Courses.
- Optional flu shots, paid for by us
We are fully remote at the moment, but hope to return to the office one day and as such we are looking to hire people in Melbourne. All interviews and your onboarding will be done remotely.
We believe that the unique contributions of everyone at Appscore is the driver of our success. To make sure that our products and culture continue to incorporate everyone's perspectives and experience we never discriminate on the basis of race, religion, national origin, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, age, or marital, veteran, or disability status. We are passionate about providing a workplace which encourages great participation and an equal playing field, where merit and accomplishment are the only criteria for success.