Apprentice is revolutionizing pharma manufacturing. Our mission is to transform an industry largely still paper-based with modern technology so manufacturers can get medicine to patients faster. Our Tempo Manufacturing Cloud scales the drug production lifecycle faster through a cloud-native platform, augmented reality, and mobile and wearable devices. We had the right technology at the right time to help our customers produce over 370 million Covid-19 doses, leading to a 12X growth rate, 512% net customer retention, and over $140 million in venture funding.
We’re a roll-up-your-sleeves culture that looks for a challenge and accomplishes big goals. . We’re dedicated, mission-driven, and relentless on our path to changing the world. Keep reading if this excites you. Apply if this emulates and empowers you.
About the role:
Apprentice is looking for a Product Owner to produce technology solutions from concept to delivery that satisfy customer needs in alignment with our overall strategy. This is a critical, high visibility role with significant business ownership reporting to the Director, Product Management.
This position can be located fully remotely with expectations to travel to the office once a quarter or as needed.
- Work directly with the Tempo Product Managers to execute the product roadmap for Tempo features
- While product managers own finding the right problems to prioritize, you will own driving the solution to those problems
- Take proposed epics from product managers and work with engineering and QA to shape them into user stories
- Manage and prioritize the development team’s story backlog to support the product roadmap and strategy
- Write detailed and effective acceptance criteria for user stories to support a high quality and validated product
- Work closely with engineering and QA daily, unblocking ongoing work
- Own and manage the JIRA project(s) for the Tempo project, including the integration with Aha! and other tools
- Own and manage the communication related to timelines, risks, resource requirements, etc.
- Present and demonstrate new product updates to key stakeholders in lunch and learns and sprint reviews
- Work cross-functionally to identify and mitigate risks and issues, communicating effectively to the broader company, including senior leadership
- Responsible for managing product deliverables and documentation related to the product release cycle
- Help establish and drive scrum processes and ceremonies
- Proactively identify opportunities for improvement, as well as create and execute process improvements and obtain stakeholder buy-in
- Help establish the overall processes and tools to be used by the Apprentice product team
- Support other members of the product team, such as Product Managers and Scrum Masters
- Additional responsibilities as needed
- Bachelor's degree in a field related to technology or BioPharma preferred
- 3+ years experience as a Product Owner or Business Analyst for a SaaS product
- 3+ years experience working with Agile Software Development
- 3+ years of experience with tools such as JIRA, Azure DevOps, and Confluence
- Detail-oriented, appreciates digging into and mapping out complex concepts
- The ability to communicate effectively with both internal and external stakeholders. Able to translate between Technical and Functional stakeholders
- Strong leadership and organizational skills - someone who naturally takes charge of meetings and drives issues to closure
- "Roll-up-your-sleeves" entrepreneurial, startup attitude. Ability to work with flexible timelines and priorities, stepping in to take additional responsibility where required
- Experience within a GMP relevant BioPharma space or highly technical, high-risk technical software solution is a plus
Benefits & Perks
- Generous benefits package (health, dental, vision)
- Unlimited PTO
- Every employee is a shareholder!
- Paid parental leave
- Remote-friendly & flexible with a $500 at-home work setup stipend
- 16 company holidays, including 1 week off for the 4th of July and the week off between Christmas and New Years
- 3% 401k match after 12 months of service regardless of whether or not you contribute to your 401K
- Catered lunch for those in the office on Mondays/Wednesdays
- $50 monthly stipend for lunch and coffee for our fully remote employee
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate based on race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.