Appnovation helps brands thrive through innovative, people-inspired experiences and solutions. By embracing the powerful combination of technology and agility, we seamlessly integrate strategy, experience, design, development and analytics.
We create standout digital experiences by collaborating with brands to understand the individual challenges and goals for every initiative. Focusing on our clients’ customers, we effectively combine empathy, evidence and real-world insight so that solutions are derived from truth and meaning. Appnovation is an award-winning team dedicated to inspiring possibility.
YOU WILL HAVE AN OPPORTUNITY TO:
- Work within an Agile and/or Waterfall environment to identify any issues with product/testing requirements
- Prepare / assist with preparation of all prescribed QA artifacts including, but not limited to, master test strategy and plan, functional test plan, QA acceptance plan/sign off, defect tracking report
- Prepare and participate in automation, performance, and security testing as required
- Conduct quality assurance defect tracking reports
- Participation and/or review of documentation and/or test results in all QA test phases such as requirements validation, unit, integration, functional, and regression testing.
- Develop test cases according to the master test plan
- Perform QA testing and report issues as required
- Walk through the QA test cases and the QA test plan with the QA Lead prior to execution
JOB SKILLS AND REQUIREMENTS:
As a Senior Quality Assurance (QA) Analyst you will be responsible for providing QA strategy, governance, and support for a portfolio of projects, enhancements, and support initiatives. The role also involves testing, planning, coaching and managing the activities of other junior QA analysts. As our Senior QA, you will work closely with the team of Developers and other QAs to ensure the product meets all quality standards.
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science, Business Administration, or equivalent experience
- 5+ years of formal testing experience
- Deep understanding of the quality assurance discipline, the defect lifecycle management processes, and the software commonly used for test planning and defect tracking (eg. Jira, Bugzilla, etc.)
- Experience in developing test plans, writing test scripts, developing use cases, implementing automated testing, governing quality standards, supervising test team activities, vetting and guiding requirements/acceptance criteria, and assisting business users through user acceptance test processes
- Experience and knowledge of software quality tools (ie. test case management, project planning, defect management, automation)
- Experience with web/mobile application testing (browser compatibility, responsive testing, etc.)
- Experience testing in Window OS, Mac OS, Mobile OS (Android, iOS), etc.
- Experience with automated test scripting and implementation using BDD frameworks such as Behat or Cucumber
- Experience with testing APIs using tools such as Postman
- Strong SQL skills and experience with relational databases
- Experience with Python scripting and Pytest is a great nice to have
- Understanding of user centric design principles, content, navigation, usability, behavioural analytics tagging, accessibility, SEO, localization/multilingual and personalization considerations
- Understanding of accessibility principles, standards, compliance, testing and validation
- Understanding of cloud computing architecture, services and platforms
- Understanding of data driven and/or machine learning applications
- Understanding of security and privacy by design principles, process and tools
- Understanding of DevOps principles, processes and tools (e.g. IaC, CI/CD and orchestration)
- Understanding of agile principles and methodologies
- Formal software testing training or certification
Accommodations are available upon request throughout the recruitment process.