Appnovation helps brands thrive through innovative, people-inspired experiences and solutions. By embracing the powerful combination of technology and agility, we seamlessly integrate strategy, experience, design, development and analytics.
We create standout digital experiences by collaborating with brands to understand the individual challenges and goals for every initiative. Focusing on our clients’ customers, we effectively combine empathy, evidence and real-world insight so that solutions are derived from truth and meaning. Appnovation is an award-winning team dedicated to inspiring possibility.
We are looking for a motivated and experienced DevOps Engineer to become part of our Global Managed Services team. You will be working on architecting, setting up, maintaining and improving a number of medium to large client technology stacks from global brands. From the word go, you’ll be working on tasks that directly impact a variety of clients, with a wide mix of infrastructures. As you work on a number of different client sites in a day, you’ll have hands-on responsibility for their success, as you ensure their sites are up to date and secure, whilst ensuring work is estimated and moved through QA within the client’s agreed timeframes.
WHO YOU ARE
- You have over 7+ years of of experience working in DevOps designing and implementing infrastructure and pipeline solutions.
- You have a very strong understanding of Kubernetes, containers, deployment, and automation. At least 2 years implementing Kubernetes and containerized infrastructure solutions.
- Ability to make key decisions to build or improve client infrastructure, with well thought out, evidence rich reasoning - which can be explained well to the team and the client.
- Excellent customer-facing communication skills and team member communication skills - working as a part of a team and explaining difficult concepts to technical and nontechnical staff.
- Proven Linux experience with a keen eye for detail.
- A comfortable sys-admin and DevOps visionary, who likes to keep up to date with new technologies.
- A good understanding of Terraform - it’s benefits, pitfalls and how to get the best out of using it.
- Scripting experience: Shell (Bash), PHP, Python, Perl, etc.
- Understanding of the wider ecosystem; Istio, Helm, Prometheus, Influx etc.
- Experience in managing highly-available Internet-facing platforms.
- Logging and security hardening; system documentation and designs.
- Database management incl. MySQL, Postgres (Occasionally MongoDB, MSSQL and Oracle).
- Orchestration tools, e.g. Jenkins, ansible, salt, puppet, chef, cfengine etc.
- Familiarity with cloud service provider offerings (AWS, GCP, Azure etc.).
- Experience in transitioning solutions from build through hypercare and ongoing run support.
- Core hours are 9-6 pm, Mon-Fri working from the office. You will also be required to work on-call, roughly 1 weekend in 8.
- Appnovation operates a flexible working policy to allow for an amount of working from home, working different hours etc, at the prior agreement of your manager.
YOU WILL HAVE THE OPPORTUNITY TO
- Provide Kubernetes support for enterprises of varying sizes to address issues of varying complexity before they affect the solution. Configure monitoring and alerting to detect problems early, deliver timely updates and backups, ensure disaster recovery, as well as patch your deployment for security.
- Configure and manage orchestration for our Linux environments in cloud environments and bare metal servers (mostly CentOS and Ubuntu).
- Design and implement monitoring and reporting tools using open source technologies.
- Provide third line Linux support for our rapidly growing business.
- Have full responsibility for building and maintaining our core infrastructure for clients.
- Research, test, and implement new systems and technologies.
- Work on truly interesting client projects with globally recognized companies.
- Be part of a close team, that helps each member solve problems and grow.
- Also, being comfortable with single-handed bug fixing reliability, security, and any other issues that arise, on live client servers in a timely manner.
Accommodations are available upon request throughout the recruitment process.