Appnovation helps brands thrive through innovative, people-inspired experiences and solutions. By embracing the powerful combination of technology and agility, we seamlessly integrate strategy, experience, design, development and analytics.
We create standout digital experiences by collaborating with brands to understand the individual challenges and goals for every initiative. Focusing on our clients’ customers, we effectively combine empathy, evidence and real-world insight so that solutions are derived from truth and meaning. Appnovation is an award-winning team dedicated to inspiring possibility.
Appnovation is looking for a Payroll Administrator to join our finance team in Vancouver, BC. The Payroll Administrator is responsible for overseeing the payroll function of the company. This role is based out of the Appnovation Vancouver Headquarters.
YOU WILL HAVE AN OPPORTUNITY TO:
- Prepare and process payroll on multiple payroll systems for employees in Canada and internationally
- Manage and maintain payroll records on various payroll systems
- Ensure compliance with all federal and provincial statutory regulations (e.g. WCB, BC health tax, etc.)
- Maintain and process global pension plans (e.g. RRSP, MPF, IRA, etc.)
- Prepare record of employment for all employee departures
- Respond to payroll related enquiries from employees, management and government agencies
- Reconcile the G/L to the various payroll systems
- Prepare/submit annual payroll records (e.g. T4, RL-1, IR56B, BIR56A, etc.)
- Liaise / work with the global HR Department
- Import and ensure accuracy of payroll data in the financial reporting system
- Create and/or maintain various payroll reports
- Other duties and responsibilities assigned.
WHO YOU ARE:
- Post-secondary education in Payroll/Accounting or related field required
- Completion of or enrolled in Payroll Compliance Practitioner program
- 2+ years’ of accounting experience with a strong understanding of journal entries
- Experience in a fast-paced and dynamic environment
- Ability to multi-task and prioritize is a must
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills
- Strong analytical, organizational and problem solving skills
- Experience in FinancialForce is an asset
- Proficient at using Microsoft office with a high proficiency in Excel.