Appnovation helps brands thrive through innovative, people-inspired experiences and solutions. By embracing the powerful combination of technology and agility, we seamlessly integrate strategy, experience, design, development and analytics.
We create standout digital experiences by collaborating with brands to understand the individual challenges and goals for every initiative. Focusing on our clients’ customers, we effectively combine empathy, evidence and real-world insight so that solutions are derived from truth and meaning. Appnovation is an award-winning team dedicated to inspiring possibility.
- 8+ years of development experience
- Extensive experience designing and implementing SOA, Microservices and REST API
- Experience developing in Python
- Experience with pytest
- Extensive experience in building microservices on AWS SAM using Python
- Extensive experience with other AWS services such as EC2, S3, Lambda, SQS, API Gateway, SNS, ECS, Pinpoint, Cognito and more.
- Experience with unit testing, TDD, integration testing
- Experience with Git
- Understanding of CI/CD pipelines, Github actions and Jenkins or Travis CI.
- Understanding of agile principles and methodologies for e.g. Scrum, Kanban
- Excellent experience estimating complex technical stories and breaking them down
- Strong written and spoken English
Nice to Haves:
- Experience with Django and other Python MVC frameworks
- Experience developing serverless microservices on other platforms such as GCP, Azure
- Experience with one of PHP frameworks such as Laravel, CakePHP, Symfony
WHO YOU ARE:
- You think about how to scale, automate and operate, not just how to build a solution to an immediate problem
- You understand lean thinking
- You set high standards for code quality, performance/scalability and security and seek continuous improvement
- You have led a team of junior developers and coached them
- You have solid analytical, problem solving and decision-making skills
- You have customer first mindset and a devotion to customer service
- You have experience doing SDLC and Architecture documentation
- You engage and build positive internal and external client relationships, while managing multiple initiatives, often with competing priorities
- You have strong self-initiative, passion, interpersonal, oral and written communication and collaboration skills with the ability to work, influence and make an impact in a cross-functional environment with all levels of the organization
- You are responsive and thrive in a fast-paced diverse high-performance environment with rapidly changing business needs
- You actively seek out things outside your comfort zone with the ability to rapidly learn and take advantage of new concepts, business models, and technologies
- You have prior experience in consulting
- Prior experience and connections in the Life Sciences industry is preferred