Appnovation helps brands thrive through innovative, people-inspired experiences and solutions. By embracing the powerful combination of technology and agility, we seamlessly integrate strategy, experience, design, development and analytics.
We create standout digital experiences by collaborating with brands to understand the individual challenges and goals for every initiative. Focusing on our clients’ customers, we effectively combine empathy, evidence and real-world insight so that solutions are derived from truth and meaning. Appnovation is an award-winning team dedicated to inspiring possibility.
YOU WILL HAVE AN OPPORTUNITY TO:
Learn and Immerse
- Gain a unique, all-encompassing perspective as to how a digital consultancy works and deeply understand the service offerings and partner ecosystem we have.
- Become a subject matter expert on our new corporate branding and design standards.
Adhere to, but also Iterate and Innovate
- Taking our branding and design guidelines and applying them to key presentation and marketing assets (diagrams, text content, whitepapers, presentation decks) to best convey who we are as a company
- Iterate and innovate by coming up with better ways to present ideas and concepts in these presentation and marketing assets more visually.
Understand the User Experience
- Understand and empathize how stakeholders from multiple departments who use our key presentation and marketing assets in a variety of ways, influencing how you approach your iteration and innovation work.
WHO YOU ARE:
First and foremost, you live and breathe design. You are creative, but also have a practical side, and empathize with the user experience while always working to improve it.
Background and Experience
- Currently completing a Business Undergraduate Program or Diploma. (We’d love to find candidates who are deeply interested in both the business and creative spaces)
- Have an interest and aptitude in doing editorial design and layout work
Your Soft Skills
- Keen interest in understanding how the work you produce has an impact across the company
- A strong interest in analyzing information and making sense of the picture from a macro and micro level.
- Self-motivated and able to work in a fast-paced environment.
- Strong work ethic and proven history of delivering world-class materials and visual presentations.
- Does not take no for an answer when running into roadblocks.
- Excellent at time management—understanding the difference between important and urgent tasks is key.
- Conscientious, detail-oriented, and able to work both smartly and efficiently.
- Excellent organization, written, and communication skills.
- Must be able to work independently and self-sufficiently, especially remotely.
- You have excellent client-facing skills to work collaboratively and cooperatively with all types of personalities and authority level in a team-oriented environment, across different departments and timezones (Vancouver, Montreal/Toronto, Europe, Hong Kong)
- Proficient/advanced with GSuite, Adobe Illustrator, Photoshop, InDesign
- Comfortable with working with messaging/video conferencing applications or equivalent (i.e. Slack, Zoom, Skype, etc.)
- Able to search and find relevant information using advanced keyword search operators (i.e. Google search, Google Drive, Gmail, etc.). You can cut through the noise of information and find what you need, quickly
- Curious and continually learning about current trends in business and technology and be driven to learn more; our business focus and offerings can and will change, so our team members must keep up as well
- Have great instincts on knowing what looks good layout-wise when helping with organizing text and visual assets in a presentation
What Does Appnovation Have To Offer?
- Work that is challenging and rewarding
- You’ll be onboarded by “senior” co-ops who are part of the GTM team who will help guide you through the ins and outs of the job and company.
- Rocketing growth – yours and ours. Lots of opportunities for personal and professional growth.
- Exciting and innovative projects to get to learn about--help us with how we can help craft compelling stories of the work our teams do for our clients. Examples of some of our latest clients include Alpro, Visit California, Pfizer, September 11 Memorial & Museum, Blue Cross Blue Shield, Hong Kong Jockey Club, AXA, and many more.