Appnovation helps brands thrive through innovative, people-inspired experiences and solutions. By embracing the powerful combination of technology and agility, we seamlessly integrate strategy, experience, design, development and analytics.
We create standout digital experiences by collaborating with brands to understand the individual challenges and goals for every initiative. Focusing on our clients’ customers, we effectively combine empathy, evidence and real-world insight so that solutions are derived from truth and meaning. Appnovation is an award-winning team dedicated to inspiring possibility.
We are looking for a Devops Engineer with a great knowledge in the field, to become part of our Global Managed Services team. You will be working on the set up, maintenance and improvement of a number of medium to large client technology stacks from global brands using a mixture of traditional servers and containerisation. From the word go, you’ll be completing tasks that directly impact on a variety of clients, with a wide mix of infrastructures. As you bug fix and improve a number of different client sites in a day, you’ll have a hands on responsibility for their success, as you ensure their websites and servers are up to date and secure, whilst ensuring work is estimated and moved through QA within the client’s agreed timeframes.
YOU WILL HAVE AN OPPORTUNITY TO:
- Provide Linux support for our rapidly growing business.
- Configure and manage orchestration for our Linux environments on cloud based services and bare metal servers (mostly CentOS and Ubuntu).
- Take responsibility for building and maintaining our core infrastructure for clients.
- Implement automation processes for building client infrastructure, choosing the most appropriate tools.
- Research, test, and implement new systems and technologies.
- Work on truly interesting client projects with globally recognized companies.
- Be part of a close team, who help each other solve problems and grow in ability.
- Also, being comfortable single-handedly bug fixing reliability, security, and any other issues that arise, on live client servers in a timely manner.
WHO YOU ARE:
- Great Linux experience (setting up servers, maintaining and working in the terminal) with an eye for detail.
- A comfortable sys-admin and devops visionary, who likes to keep up to date with new technologies.
- A good understanding of Terraform - it’s benefits, pitfalls and how to get the best out of using it.
- A strong understanding of Kubernetes, containers, deployment, and automation.
- Understanding of the wider ecosystem; Istio, Helm, Prometheus, Influx etc
- Ability to make key decisions to build or improve client infrastructure, with well thought out, evidence rich reasoning - which can be explained well to the team and the client.
- Scripting experience: Shell (Bash), PHP, Python, Perl, Groovy, etc.
- Experience of managing highly available Internet-facing platforms.
- Logging and security hardening; system documentation and designs.
- Orchestration tools, e.g. Jenkins, Ansible, Salt, Puppet, Chef etc.
- In depth familiarity with cloud service provider offerings (AWS, GCP, Azure etc)
- Experience of transitioning projects into Managed Service support.
- Excellent customer-facing communication skills and team member communication skills - working as a part of a team and explaining difficult concepts to technical and nontechnical staff.