Appnovation helps brands thrive through innovative, people-inspired experiences and solutions. By embracing the powerful combination of technology and agility, we seamlessly integrate strategy, experience, design, development and analytics.
We create standout digital experiences by collaborating with brands to understand the individual challenges and goals for every initiative. Focusing on our clients’ customers, we effectively combine empathy, evidence and real-world insight so that solutions are derived from truth and meaning. Appnovation is an award-winning team dedicated to inspiring possibility.
Appnovation Technologies is looking for a Full Stack Developer to join our London or Cardiff offices. They will work on innovative projects that span our offices across Europe, providing expert development skills within our agile cross-functional teams.
You will be responsible for providing hands on development expertise at senior to lead level on client projects, overseeing code quality, technical approach, architectural alignment and technical direction for junior developers.
You will be able to articulate priorities or risks to the team, provide client facing updates and be responsible for advising and decision making at an application level.
The ideal candidate will have digital agency experience and will be keen to develop themselves and grow with the business as we expand.
YOU WILL HAVE AN OPPORTUNITY TO:
- Build highly responsive web-based systems using React, extending into usage within popular frameworks such as Gatsby, Next.js and alike
- Contribute ideas to process refinements within the team to ensure we deliver effectively
- Collaborate with our creative UI/UX teams to find great solutions and effective interpretations of client’s needs
- Work with other specialists on a delivery team
- Discuss technical solutions with clients and provide innovative new ideas to solutions
- Develop flexible and well-structured front-end architectures for a wide variety of clients
CORE SKILLS REQUIRED:
- 5+ years of progressive front end development experience, you can develop across multiple platforms
- Strong knowledge of NPM / Yarn package management
- Version control with GIT and practices such as Git Flow or alike
- Good understanding of Web Accessibility
- Experience working with 3rd Party REST/GRAPHQL API
- Experience working with CaaS, Headless CMS or traditional monolithic CMS
- Experience working with ESLint and other code level validation tooling
NICE TO HAVE SKILLS:
- Typescript experience and/or knowledge or looking to learn
- Experience working with modern authentication mechanisms
- Knowledge of Static Site Generation and best uses cases considered beneficial
- Knowledge of testing with Jest, Enzyme and/or Cypress
- Knowledge of Storybook or other Component Library solution considered beneficial
- Knowledge of Gatsby, Vue, Next.js or alike are considered beneficial
- Knowledge of GraphQL considered beneficial
- Knowledge of State management using Redux or alike considered beneficial
WHO YOU ARE:
- Problem-solving approach applied to complex client problems
- Thirst for knowledge, exploring new developments and techniques as they arrive.
- Open-mindedness to work in multidisciplinary teams
- Eager to work with an evolving tech stack, collaborating with other departments to create solutions
WHAT DOES APPNOVATION HAVE TO OFFER?
- A fun and dynamic work environment
- Work that is challenging and rewarding
- A casual dress code and an open office environment
- Rocketing growth – yours and ours. Lots of opportunity for personal and professional growth. We are a culture of internal promotions.
- Health Benefits Package
- Well-being Allowance
- Flexible Working