Appnovation helps brands thrive through innovative, people-inspired experiences and solutions. By embracing the powerful combination of technology and agility, we seamlessly integrate strategy, experience, design, development and analytics.
We create standout digital experiences by collaborating with brands to understand the individual challenges and goals for every initiative. Focusing on our clients’ customers, we effectively combine empathy, evidence and real-world insight so that solutions are derived from truth and meaning. Appnovation is an award-winning team dedicated to inspiring possibility.
We are seeking a dynamic Product Manager/BA to work closely with project stakeholders in the definition of business requirements and functional specifications on each assigned project. Excellence in customer service, along with a dedicated proactive attitude, is an essential component of this role. Our goal is to achieve a true balance between quality, client satisfaction, efficiency, success and profitability.
YOU WILL HAVE AN OPPORTUNITY TO:
- Work with Strategy, Client Services and more senior Project Managers to determine the approach, deliverables and estimated effort necessary for the near and long-term product ownership and related business analysis activities.
- Working between the business stakeholders, and the developers of the solution, from strategic inception to delivery, you will champion and translate the intended solution or product vision to actionable tasks and specifications.
- Support and/or manage requirements gathering through various techniques such as interviews, workshops, document analysis, brainstorming exercises etc.
- Work within an agile environment, managing backlog grooming and sprint planning, estimations and story creation for Agile projects, including translating requirements into specifications in the form of Epics and Stories.
- Provide professional client-facing documentation with excellence in version control.
- Elicit client’s requirements through various techniques such as interviews, workshops, document analysis, brainstorming exercises etc.
- Work within an agile environment, leading backlog grooming and sprint planning, estimations and story creation for Agile projects, including translating requirements into specifications in the form of Epics and Stories. Attention to clear, concise communication is imperative.
- Facilitate communications between a wide range of individuals – strategy / creative / business / technical with various levels and departments within the customer’s organization - executives / IT / marketing / customer service.
- Use other methods if required to support the requirements such as use cases, process diagrams and wireframes using industry standard software applications.
- Assist project manager to establish project scope & facilitate requirement clarifications, collaborating with the development team to troubleshoot problems/roadblocks throughout the development cycle.
- Build and maintain trusted relationships with clients and stakeholders and act as a proxy for the
client to the development teams.
- Lead the charge for excellent user experience design on the project team.
- Provide client training when needed for areas such as for content administration or other utility functions developed for the client.
- Manage and implement change management requirements to better enable success.
- Working with current day collaboration tools such as JIRA, Confluence, Slack, and Zoom
- Facilitation and presenting in client and internal team meetings in-person, and through online web conferencing tools remotely when necessary.
WHO YOU ARE:
The ideal candidate is expected to have intermediate level skills and experience in business analysis with preference for those with experience in CX/UX enablement, data-centric solutions, and digital product ownership. The candidate must be well versed in contemporary industry standard techniques for information discovery and problem analysis.● 3+ years of Business Analysis experience, in Enterprise Web-Application, Website or Mobile Projects.
- 3+ years of experience with requirements gathering and information discovery (business, data, and tech requirements)
- You have a Bachelor degree in Computer Science, Business Management or related field.
- You use these terms in everyday language – requirements, stakeholders, user stories, wireframes, process and customer/user experience.
- Client-facing background and experience partnering with multiple stakeholders is an asset.
- A working background with Agile and Scrum Project methodologies.
- You have a technical background or training (e.g. web development, web design, programming)
- Familiarity across a variety of business sectors including, but not limited to, public sector and private sector healthcare & life sciences, consumer electronics, travel and tourism, and/or education.
- Experience in organizing and presenting complex information in simple visual models.
- Some experience working with teams on user-centered design.
- You have an appreciation for and understand the importance of design and strategy.
- Experience working in an agency, consultancy, or IT professional services environment.
- You’re passionate about keeping up to date with the latest trends in technology, web and new media and improves domain knowledge through continual professional development. Association with IIBA is a bonus.
- Open to business travel.