Appnovation helps brands thrive through innovative, people-inspired experiences and solutions. By embracing the powerful combination of technology and agility, we seamlessly integrate strategy, experience, design, development and analytics.
We create standout digital experiences by collaborating with brands to understand the individual challenges and goals for every initiative. Focusing on our clients’ customers, we effectively combine empathy, evidence and real-world insight so that solutions are derived from truth and meaning. Appnovation is an award-winning team dedicated to inspiring possibility.
Technology is foundational to all of Appnovation’s offerings, from consulting to digital innovation, to digital product and service creation. The technology department is focused on delivering software solutions that enable rich consumer experiences, from mobile and web applications to advanced analytics and machine learning, to content and engagement management service enablement platforms.
Inherent throughout our tech capabilities is deep expertise in the Software Development Life Cycle, a drive for creativity, a passion for the craft, and collaboration with other disciplines - all foundational ingredients in successful digital experiences and client partnerships.
Appnovation is looking for Tech Lead and Senior Drupal Developers to join us immediately as a full-time permanent team member.
You will be responsible for architecting, implementing and maintaining our applications, and participating in different phases of the development life cycle.
YOU WILL HAVE AN OPPORTUNITY TO:
- Develop and maintain custom websites using Drupal (7 & 8), Wordpress, PHP, HTML, and other languages /frameworks.
- Interpret customer/internal requirements to establish complete and accurate functional specifications and product documentation.
- Effectively develop software to achieve the specified functionality.
- Work with a variety of internal and external clients.
- Lead and mentor junior members of the team.
WHO YOU ARE:
- 5+ years of experience developing with Drupal
- 1-2 years of Drupal 8 and/or Drupal 9 CMS development experience
- Experience with large-scale Drupal sites, including load balancing and caching systems (Varnish, memcache, CDN).
- Experience with Linux/Open Source software
- Knowledge of Servers and Configuration
- Experience with some form of continuous integration (Jenkins, CI).
- Experience with Frontend technologies is an asset
- Knowledge of integrating A/B testing platforms, Google analytics is an asset
- Knowledge of React, Angular, Vue.js and/or NodeJS a bonus
- Post-secondary diploma or degree in computer science, engineering, or a related field an asset
- Excellent knowledge in Drupal, creating custom modules and hooks
- Knowledgeable about other technologies and able to suggest integration solutions. You are able to speak confidently about cross-platform integration with Drupal.
- A willingness to work in a fast-paced environment outside of normal working hours where required and in some cases, with little to no guidance required
- Extreme attention to detail and consistency to minimize errors
- Excellent organizational and troubleshooting skills with attention to detail
- Professional, reliable, and possessing a strong work ethic
- A positive attitude and eagerness to learn are essential
- Knowledge of or experience with API-First CMS Technology (Contentful or similar), a bonus.
- Contributor to the community in the form of contributed code to Drupal Modules or Core is an asset.
- Excellent interpersonal communication skills with client facing experience. You understand the importance of building strong relationships with clients.